Is there a Marshall Valvestate VS65R sounding preset for the Code 100? Urgent help needed

votes

Hi I play a fender strat and I have a Marshall Valvestate VS65R and was about to sell the amp online because I purchased a Marshall Code 100 earlier in the year. I have already received the money for the Valvestate via Paypal. Just before I was about to post it - the buyer lives on the other side of the country so I was going to post it (he has paid quite a decent amount for it and has also paid for postage) - I decided to play through it one more time. I found that the sound was really good and I am now hesitant to send it (I can still reverse the payment - it was not sold on ebay or similar so I can back out). The issue being that I cannot find any preset online or already installed on the Code 100 that matches or even resembles the Valvestate sound. I did have a slight noisegate issue with the Valvestate a while back but now that seems to not be noticeable. I hadn't played the Valvestate for about 6 months until now. I searched this website's presets using the keyword "valvestate to no avail. Then searched the website https://marshallcode.tools/patch/?__p=1 for a preset that has the word valvestate in the name but got to about page 18 and could not find one. However there are so many pages on that website, hundreds, so maybe there is a valvestate replicating preset? The closest I could find amongst the factory presets on the Code 100 is something like a JCM800. Does anyone know if a valvestate modelling preset exists for Marshall Code? Please someone help, time is of the essence. The customer will want me to send it soon, I have max 48 hours to figure this out.

edited 13 Oct 2018 at 07:34 AM

julien casella (1)

asked 13 Oct 2018 at 07:33 AM

julien casella (1)
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Julien,

Thank you for your message,

There is no amp model based on the Valvestate but you will get similar results using the higher gain models such as the JVM, Jubilee and JCM80, hope this helps.

Marshall Support

answered 15 Oct 2018 at 02:30 PM

Thanks for the response. I ended up selling my Valvestate in the end, it was on the market for a while and I couldn't pass up the offer. I was confident there would be similar amp models amongst the available presets, I just needed someone to give me some recommendations. Thanks Marshall Support. - julien casella 16 Oct 2018 at 11:57 AM
Loading - please wait...