Servicing the Marshal Monitors

votes

Hello,

So I got these Marshall Monitor headphones from apple over in boston last august and they were working just fine until two months ago when one of the sides of the headphones when out and would not produce sound, so I put the headphone jack in the other ear and it was fine, but then it happened again with the other ear.

I was just wondering if Marshall can fix this problem or if anyone else has had the same problem with these head phones.

asked 06 Aug 2016 at 08:35 PM

Evan Alexander
Answers: 5

vote

Well, guys, I had similar problem with my Marshall Monitor while they were still under warranty. Contacted Marshall, they asked me to destroy broken headphones and sent me new. The warranty was not extended. So when the warranty ended, same issue happened to the replacement headphones. I decided to investigate what's wrong with them. I disassembled the headphones, checked the connection between left and right and it seemed that the wiring is broken. OK, I ordered similar wire but I couldn't reproduce the wire spring, just wrapping it on the screwdriver and warming up didn't make it tensed enough. Then I found a video where some guy after wrapping and warming up "reversed" the spring with a accu screwdriver and it works for me! Soldered in new wire, assembled everything back and now  I have my headphones back! 

edited 05 Jun 2020 at 10:24 AM

Pavel Khilko (1)

answered 05 Jun 2020 at 10:00 AM

Pavel Khilko (1)
My headphones seem to have the similar problem. Only the plugged in side is working. Where did you get the cable and could you post the video here? - Bea Hackbarth 28 Dec 2020 at 08:19 PM

votes

For replacement headphones, spare parts, enquiries regarding warranty or any other support please contact support@marshallheadphones.com

answered 08 Aug 2016 at 08:21 AM

votes

anybode has a solution? Have the same problem

answered 16 Sep 2018 at 08:01 PM

Ladislav Basek
Hello Ladislav,
You need to contact the dealer/retailer you purchased the headphones through as your warranty is valid through them.
Kind Regards
Marshall Support
- JOANNA GREEN 17 Sep 2018 at 08:06 AM

votes

Hello,

I have the exact same problem. It stopped working on one side first. I put the cable in the other jack, it was fine until today it stopped working too.

My headphone was bought in the United States, but I live in Brazil? Is it covered by the warranty?

answered 17 Dec 2018 at 03:01 PM

Paulo Oviedo

votes

Hi Paulo,

The warranty is with the dealer you purchased them through, you would need to contact them or support@marshallheadphones.com

Marshall Support

answered 17 Dec 2018 at 03:54 PM

Loading - please wait...