Question regarding the speaker model on Code 412

votes

Hello

I've recently purchased the Code100H & Code412

I'm not a guitar player by any stretch of the imagination, I got them because they look nice under/on my desk; it was an aesthetic choice and I use it to play music from my PC via AUX input.
(I don't expect Hi-Fi playback, I understand its limitations when it comes to playing music on mono :) I got it for looks and I'm perfectly satisfied with my decision)

Regarding this statement
"the CODE412 is fitted with custom speakers specially made to manage the variety of tones available in CODE amps"

I have the following question
Can you please tell me what type(model) of speakers does the cab use and if it's safe to play mild bass music on it at a decent volume(30-50%) without straining the speakers?  
I only want to be sure I'm not harming the speakers when I listen to something like Royal Blood - I Only Lie When I Love You for example.

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers,
Adrian

asked 17 Oct 2018 at 04:01 PM

_ Adrian
Answers: 5

vote

Hello Adrian,

Playing bass music through the code speakers shouldn`t cause any damage but we cannot guarntee the sound quality as the speakers are designed for lead guitar.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 18 Oct 2018 at 07:58 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)

votes

Couldn't help myself when I saw your post!!!  LOL!!!

So let me get this straight: you bought a CODE100H with matching cab. to just listen to music???  If so: "you're the man" for sure!!!  LOL!!!  Enjoy.

For what it's worth: when I got my first CODE50 (I have a few CODE amps.) I did indeed take a line out from a hi-fi.  It may not have had fidelity but the POWER was unbelievable (almost like actually "being there" at the concert i.e. the sound goes right through your body especially if you sit on top of the amp.!!!  LOL!!!).  I will admit that this was after a few beers (and then a few more) though!!!  LOL!!!

Sorry: I cannot answer your question though.  But as I said: enjoy!!!

Regards,

Dale.

answered 18 Oct 2018 at 07:53 AM

Dale Paterson (105)

votes

I understand, thank you.

on a side note

Please for the Woburn 3.0, disregard this Bluetooth nonsense and make a 412, heck, make a tower with a 200W amp on top, and a 18" woofer on the bottom.
I'm sure us nerds will gladly throw money towards that design.

Please send a note to the design team.
The current Bluetooth lineup is highly underwhelming :(

Reading Dale Paterson's comment I'm sure we all understand that the humm a 412 makes when you turn it on alone is by far more enjoyable than any of the Bluetooth speakers that are currently for sale on MarshallHeadphones.
Marshall Multi-Room, stop going backwards, I want a big thing in one place not several small ones all over my house, I'm not living in IKEA, I don't want ambient music, I want a loud, menacing beast of a machine where I work.

I'm willing to design a new identity for free, the current direction is underwhelming.
You're Marshall, you shouldn't be competing with the likes of Bose.
There aren't  any 80's music videos with tiny Bose speakers in them.

I'm sorry for the negativity, this is upsetting.

Sincerely,
Adrian

edited 18 Oct 2018 at 09:18 AM

_ Adrian

answered 18 Oct 2018 at 09:15 AM

_ Adrian

votes

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for your feedback. 

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 25 Oct 2018 at 08:20 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)

votes

Hello Adrian.

How's things going with you???  Better I hope.

I gotta tell you: I saw some little Marshall bluetooth thingy at an iStore earlier this year and I thought it was just a novelty item.  Thanks only to your posts above did I discover the other day that there's an entire range of these things which I have to admit didn't fill my heart with joy i.e. since when is Marshall in the business of making stuff like this???  I mean: would you buy a NAD, Bose, Harman, or Klipsch (to name but a few) guitar amp.???  LOL!!!  I know I wouldn't!!!  And of course one has to wonder what valuable resources are being wasted on this stuff ...

Regards,

Dale.

edited 29 Oct 2018 at 01:03 PM

Dale Paterson (105)

answered 29 Oct 2018 at 01:02 PM

Dale Paterson (105)
Loading - please wait...