Natural (No FX) PRE-AMP Setting

votes

Hi.

I've just noticed something and I'm not sure if it's by design or if it's because I only use the PC Editor:

If you select the Natural (No FX) PRE-AMP setting it would appear that the ONLY FX that is disabled with this setting is the Distortion PRE-FX i.e. the other three PRE-FX (Compressor, Auto Wah, and Pitch Shifter) are still useable.  Is this by design or is this because I only use the PC Editor that I'm able to use those three PRE-FX when Natural (No FX) is selected???   And if it's by design it ain't mentioned in the manuals.

Just curious (suits me whatever the answer).

Regards,

Dale.

edited 25 Oct 2018 at 08:43 AM

Dale Paterson (105)

asked 25 Oct 2018 at 08:43 AM

Dale Paterson (105)
Answers: 3

votes

Dale, when I select Natural pre-amp all PRE-FX's are operational, and it doesn't depend whether I do it via PC Editor, or directly on the amp. The only malfunction of Natural pre-amp I found so far is that when I select it, the treeble pot doesn't work. I've checked it on two CODE 25's and this issue appears in both cases. Could you, please, try this on your amp?

answered 25 Oct 2018 at 01:51 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)

votes

Hi.

I am a total and utter idiot (and had you not replied to my original post on this thread I would have asked to have it deleted!!!)!!!  LOL!!!

For some or the other obscure reason: I have always assumed that the Natural (No FX) PRE-AMP setting disabled the PRE-FX.  Evidently not so.  And believe it or not: I have FIVE of these darn things and got my first one in April of last year!!!  It's embarrasing to say the least!!!  LOL!!!

BUT: I have just checked if the treble pot (both the physical pot as well as through the PC Editor) works with the Natural (No FX) PRE-AMP setting and it does work (checked it on my CODE25's and on my CODE50's).  I will admit that it is VERY subtle but it is working (it's easier to hear the difference it makes if you have Distortion PRE-FX enabled or if you turn the volume up quite a bit or both).  I have actually seen this reported on these forums before but it would appear that my amps. don't have this problem.

Thanks for responding to me anyway.  Like I said: I feel like a total arse (especially seeing as I tell people I'm an EXPERT on these amps.!!!  LOL!!!).

Regards,

Dale.

answered 25 Oct 2018 at 02:40 PM

Dale Paterson (105)

votes

Hi Dale,

The ‘natural’ preamp still works as a preamp the same way the other models do. The big difference is the fact that it’s not based on a particular guitar preamplifier model, for example a JCM800 of Plexi. It will give a cleaner flatter sound similar to plugging your guitar straight into a mixing desk. You can still use all of the FX including the PRE-FX.

Marshall Support

answered 30 Oct 2018 at 03:01 PM

Loading - please wait...