Can't find a PEDL 91016 footswitch for my DSL40CR Amp

votes

Is there any reason why the PEDL 91016 footswitch is only available at one location and that location is in the UK? Is the footswitch available anywhere in the U.S. or will it be?

asked 30 Oct 2018 at 07:51 PM

mark rudow
Marshall support doesn't have a clue. No PEDL 91016's....... They've been pushing back the date for over a year. I purchased a Melo Audio Midi Commander for less money than Marshall's footswitch if it were available. The Midi Commander has 10 footswitches in a compact size, about twice as wide as a Marshall 2 button, that can be set for the DSL 40CR's functions. PC 0-3 for clean/clean crunch/OD1/OD2 and CC 13 for Effects Loop on/off and CC14 for Master Volume 1/ Master Volume2. Marshall doesn't provide phantom power via midi, the Midi Commander powers with USB or AAA batteries.
https://meloaudio.com/products/meloaudio-midi-commander-guitar-floor-multi-effects-portable-usb-midi-foot-controller-foot-switches
- Gator Milden 15 Jan 2019 at 01:11 AM
Gator, on your advice I ordered the Melo Commander. 1-4 changes the channels out of the box. I have never used midi and cannot figure out how to assign the loop and master volume. I would like the master volume to be button "1" and loop to be button "2". Can you provide detailed instructions on how to do so? Thanks in advance! - Frank Harrison 26 Feb 2019 at 01:35 AM
Frank, the far right bottom button with the triangle pointing down is the "down" button. With the Commander powered off, hold the "down" button and press the power on button. The Commander is powers with the menu showing. Now press button "3" to scroll across to "CUS 1". Now press the "down" button to scroll from selections 1-31. Notice the options for keys 1-4 and A,B,C and D are in this list. #8 is where you will choose PC or CC program change for button 1. The Marshall requires CC 14 for master volume. Set this to CC using the B and C buttons on the Commander. Now scroll downs to #9 which has a range from 0-127, set that to 14. Now scroll to # 11 and set button 2 for CC, scroll to #12 and set that value to 13 which Marshall requires CC13 for effects loop. You now want to decide which Commander buttons you wish to set for the channel switching in the same manner. Marshall requires PC 00 for clean, PC 01 for clean crunch, PC 02 for drive and PC 03 for drive ultra. Set these in the same manner for whatever switches you want them on by setting for PC and the numbers 0-3. Hope this is intuitive and not too late. Marshall just notified me today that I had your inquiry waiting. Any further assistance you need you may hit me up quicker at gator8r@hotmail.com. Good luck, enjoy! - Gator Milden 09 Mar 2019 at 02:15 AM
Does this pedal work with the DSL 40C as well? - Tyler Chambers 21 Mar 2019 at 02:54 PM
It only works with the DSL40CR the latest model. - JOANNA GREEN 21 Mar 2019 at 03:08 PM
Tyler, aren't you glad that Marshall is so informative in their response? The reason it will not work with your DSL 40C is that the 40C is not equipped with the midi capability. The 2018 DSL 40CR has a few upgrades such as 2 master volumes, a V series Celestion speaker, front rocker switch for 20/40 watt power output and of course a 5 pin DIN for midi capability. Does it seem odd that midi would be added? Possibly there wouldn't be a foot switch? Marshall claimed originally that the JVT foot switch would work with it and consumers discovered later that it does not. The designers didn't even know and never experimented? My manual actually states that it works. Glad the blogs let me know that it does not before I purchased one. Then I see that Marshalls own foot switch designed for this amp is well over a year unavailable. Fortunately I could go midi. Wish I knew the design of the standard 1/4 jack foot switch so I could build them. - Gator Milden 21 Mar 2019 at 03:42 PM
Gator, Thanks so much for the detailed response. I was afraid that was the case. - Tyler Chambers 21 Mar 2019 at 03:50 PM
Answers: 10

votes

Hello Mark,

PEDL-91016 will be avaliable in the US, they can be ordered through a Marshall Dealer.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 31 Oct 2018 at 02:48 PM

JOANNA GREEN (643)

votes

I ordered the pedal in April.. I live in Canada and there is only one distributor and was told end of August and then end of November -- Now I,m being told the end of January 2019

answered 04 Dec 2018 at 09:57 PM

Ernie Higgins
Hi Ernie,

That is correct, they should hopefully be available in 2019.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 05 Dec 2018 at 09:42 AM
Any update on this? Are they going to ship the pedals at the end of the month? Or, is it being put off again? - Jospeh Olson 23 Jan 2019 at 09:40 PM
We would recommend checking with your dealer to see when their shipment is coming in as these are available now. - JOANNA GREEN 24 Jan 2019 at 08:54 AM
Dealers are still saying that they have no updates from Marshall. Most have latest estimates being in April. Mine has been on backorder since August of 2018. This is really sad. - John East 01 Feb 2019 at 04:58 PM
PEDL-91016 has been shipped to US and Canada so they should be available in dealerships now. - JOANNA GREEN 05 Feb 2019 at 11:35 AM

votes

Very conflicting information from Marshall and a dealer.  I bought my DSL40CR last year the week after NAMM 2018 and I have been waiting for them to be available.  Finally per the response above from October 2018 from Marshall, they can be ordered from dealers.  

I contacted Sweetwater just last week (01/26/2019) and the representative stated that there is a possibility that the PEDL-91016 might be discontinued.  Either way they are not in stock and they might not be able to order one for me.  

Really disappointed as the the DSL40CR is a great amp but without the 6 button footswitch I cannot switch between Ultra Gain Green and Red, etc.  Just seems like Marshall is dropping the ball on this, never heard of a company in business for profit turning away money.  

I am not too tech savy so I don't really want to get into MIDI, will just have to wait for this PEDL to come out or just stick to playing with my JVM410 with the fully functional 6 button PEDL, which is not compatible with the DSL MKIII.  

edited 04 Feb 2019 at 01:42 AM

Paul Candia

answered 04 Feb 2019 at 01:39 AM

Paul Candia
I purchased a Melo Audio Midi Commander for less money than Marshall's footswitch if it were available. The Midi Commander has 10 footswitches in a compact size, about twice as wide as a Marshall 2 button, that can be set for the DSL 40CR's functions. PC 0-3 for clean/clean crunch/OD1/OD2 and CC 13 for Effects Loop on/off and CC14 for Master Volume 1/ Master Volume2. Marshall doesn't provide phantom power via midi, the Midi Commander powers with USB or AAA batteries.
https://meloaudio.com/products/meloaudio-midi-commander-guitar-floor-multi-effects-portable-usb-midi-foot-controller-foot-switches No need to be tech savvy either. The MIDI Commander switches the basic front panel switches of the DSL 40 CR, right out of the box. The only thing you'll need to set is a button for CC 14 for master volume if you choose. PC 00-PC 04 are preset in the commander. OR.....you may wait for Marshall!
- Gator Milden 04 Feb 2019 at 03:33 AM
Hello Paul,

PEDL-91016 has been shipped to US and Canada so they have definitely not been discontinued they should be available now in dealerships

Kind Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 05 Feb 2019 at 11:44 AM
Have yet to see a single U.S. outlet advertise one available. I have scoured Guitar Center, Zzounds, American Music, Sam Ash, Sweetwater, Musiciansfriend, WorldMusic, Amazon. - Jospeh Olson 09 Feb 2019 at 01:12 AM
Mine has been on backorder since August. I messaged Anderton's a few months ago and they had the same timelines that the US dealers were giving me. I saw they had one in stock while I was traveling, but I wasn't able to get it in time.

I think it's sad that every single dealer in the US is singing similar tune as far as the availability of these foot switches. :(
- John East 11 Feb 2019 at 08:36 PM
@Jospeh Olson, per my post below, I had to email Sweetwater through their website and corresponded via email until the sales tech confirmed the pre order. The rest was taken care of over the phone as there is no product link on their webpage. You can call directly or email them.

@John East, Andertons had one available last week on their website, $20 cheaper than Sweetwater.
- Paul Candia 12 Feb 2019 at 05:08 AM

votes

FYI-to all interested.  I was able to pre-order my PEDL-91016 today from Sweetwater for $159.99, free shipping in the U.S.A.  Expected ETA is around mid to end of March.  Already waited over a year, so a few more weeks is tolerable.  Hope it works out great, looking forward to it.  

answered 08 Feb 2019 at 07:04 AM

Paul Candia
And yet, it's still available at Andertons for $129 including delivery to the USA. $159.99? WHY? - mark rudow 08 Feb 2019 at 03:13 PM

votes

Damn using those caps seems like you’re breaking balls for spending $20 bucks more.  What does it matter to you, is it ok that I bought it from Sweetwater?  Shall I cancel my order and go through the good Capt’n Anderton instead?  I was waiting for the Capt’n and the Monkey Lord Chappers to demo the foot switch and they never came through so that is why I bought it from Sweetwater to answer your question.  Nice sense of community among the Marshall brethren, that’s why I dislike social media.  You can’t even post some information to let Marshall know that the issue has been resolved without getting your chops busted over $20.

answered 09 Feb 2019 at 12:21 AM

Paul Candia
Whoa! My apologies - I apparently wasn't clear and hit a nerve. My WHY was directed towards Marshall not you - as in WHY can the pedal be bought for under $100 in the UK but is $159 in the U.S.?? (Assuming Gator is not correct, which seems unlikely). In the future in any of my posts please note that all CAPS are directed towards MARSHALL and nobody else. Here's an example: LOSERS! - mark rudow 10 Feb 2019 at 06:04 PM
No worries mate. After a long day of getting my chops busted at work, I can’t tell the difference anymore. - Paul Candia 10 Feb 2019 at 07:35 PM

votes

Marshall is still lying to ya!!!!! Yet another delay......1 more month? After 2 years? Y'all aint gettin' a 91016.......see y'all in March with the next rant!

answered 09 Feb 2019 at 01:52 AM

Gator Milden (2)

votes

How are we doing with this damn thing?  

Is it widely available yet?  Guessing when they do become available, they'll fly off the shelves immediately and there'll be another drought.

answered 08 Mar 2019 at 09:01 PM

Pablo Honey
better preorder it because they will not stay on shelves from what I see. - John East 08 Mar 2019 at 09:57 PM

votes

I finally got a call on Monday saying that the dealer had received their shipment.   Looking at the tracking info, it should be delivered today finally.  

After this and my Mackie mixer being delayed for months, I no longer trust new models of anything.  LOL

answered 08 Mar 2019 at 09:55 PM

John East
Mine is coming in Monday 3/11/2019. - Paul Candia 09 Mar 2019 at 12:17 AM
So, did yours arrive or not? - Gator Milden 21 Mar 2019 at 03:47 PM
Yes, got it on 3/11/2019 from Sweetwater. I didn’t know we were still talking about it. Works as promised and finally getting the most out of the DSL40CR. Was worth the wait. - Paul Candia 21 Mar 2019 at 11:10 PM

votes

I recieved an email from Ben Rys at Sweetwater on March 5th, stating that he has some in stock but they are not posted on thier web site so you must call him at 800-222-4700 ext. 3074. I don't need it any longer so I didn't call to confirm, I am just passing along the info for those who are interested. If Ben is telling the truth you may want to check with him. Hope this serves someone well. 

answered 09 Mar 2019 at 02:27 AM

Gator Milden (2)

votes

In the U.S. the waiting list is always replenished, you always have to wait up to two months

[url=?

edited 05 Dec 2022 at 07:11 AM

Claire Davies

answered 30 Nov 2022 at 09:33 PM

Claire Davies
Loading - please wait...