The 91009

votes

Is the programable 91009 going to work properly (AS the app does not), does it come with a cord, am I going to have to fight it as I do the app....Also, when are you guys going to fix the Gateway app. Don't give the same "we're working on it......blah, blah, blah....."And it's NOT MY PHONE.......YOUR APP is the ONLY APP I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH!!!!!!FIX THE F*^#ING APP!!!!!!!! 

asked 04 Nov 2018 at 03:57 AM

Jamie Carter (16)
Answers: 4

votes

In my case 91009 came without a cord and works perfectly well with any standard guitar cable. 

Bluetooth connection and Gateway app also works without any problems (Huawei smartphone with Android 5.1 and DELL tablet with Android 4.4). I checked it last year, when I bought an amp, and 5 minutes ago to be sure that nothing went wrong for last 18 months... On the other hand I absolutely don't understand people, who decided to buy this amp because it can be controlled with mobile device. I found this idea completly useless, as managing presets is so easy and intuitive using only knobs... 

answered 04 Nov 2018 at 09:59 AM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)

votes

Dale, I have a Galaxy J3 phone. My Gateway just disconnects for no reason.  I have read all kinds of reviews and more than not, people are having the same issues as I. I was in the middle of a MAJOR show and out of the blue,  the Gateway app crashed.  I had no close control over my channels. It was both unprofessional(Not acceptable) and embarrassing. It's the ONLY APP I HAVE problems with. I'm glad yours works.

answered 04 Nov 2018 at 07:17 PM

Jamie Carter (16)
Hey Jamie.

I've read all of those posts where the same issue is detailed. In all fairness to you and those people: I've not had a problem (as noted) but then again I've only ever bothered with Bluetooth and the Gateway App. to make minor adjustments to a preset and then only when an amp. is too far away from a PC so that I cannot use USB.

I must say though: you sure do have a lot of faith in new technology!!! LOL!!! I don't trust a Bluetooth connection to transfer files between my PC or between another Bluetooth device let alone use it in a live performance situation i.e. far too many variables. I mean: who knows what's going on in the audience i.e. who knows how many (open) Bluetooth devices there may be in the audience (and that's just for starters). Rather program everything before the gig and use the Marshall PEDL91009 intelligent footswitch would be my advice. Sorry to hear about your show though (I know how it feels but for different reasons!!! LOL!!!).

Regards,

Dale.
- Dale Paterson 05 Nov 2018 at 06:51 AM

votes

Hi Jamie,

Just to confirm the PEDL-91009, should come with a cable, but as confirmed above it does work with a guitar lead.

We are working on the reconnection issue some users are having, to make sure this does not cause any further issues, we need to investigate the issue fully.

There also seems to be alot of users having issues with the Galaxy JB bluetooth, please see link below,  where the bluetooth turns off.

https://thedroidguy.com/2018/08/how-to-fix-galaxy-j3-bluetooth-issue-bluetooth-randomly-turns-off-by-itself-1089661

Hope this helps

Marshall Support

answered 05 Nov 2018 at 10:51 AM

votes

Dale, 

After programming the 91009, does it remember the settings? Or am I going to have to reprogram it every time I use it.

answered 05 Nov 2018 at 10:21 PM

Jamie Carter (16)
Hey Jamie.

Yip. The settings are remembered. Actually: any settings made on that footswitch are stored on the amp. itself i.e. the footswitch is simply a slave to the amp. If you switch your amp. off and then on again while holding down the PRE-FX button on the amp. you will see that you are able to reset the footswitch settings to default on the amp. itself (regardless of whether the footswitch is plugged in or not).

Regards,

Dale.
- Dale Paterson 06 Nov 2018 at 06:17 AM
Loading - please wait...