Harman Kardon aura or Marshall Woburn?

votes

Hello guys I’m building my pc and I wanted the most beautiful and strong speaker for both my pc and my living room. Which one do you suggest ?

edited 24 Jun 2019 at 07:50 AM

asked 02 Dec 2018 at 01:10 PM

mickey holland
I have a Woburn and Stanmore. The Woburn sounds great wired but bluetooth is a bit weak. Pretty typical for bluetooth though. You need an app with preamp boost to boost the signal to sound more like wired. It sounds like a warm tube jukebox only with much better definition. The soundstage is quite narrow because despite being stereo the speakers are so close together you don't get the broad open stage of two separate speakers. But you do get a lot of depth. Voices like Freddy Mercury sound amazing with a lot of detail you miss with most speakers that aren't more audiophile oriented.

I ended up getting a stanmore recently with WIFI. The wifi sounds great but is currently limited to Spotify which was the only thing I could find that supports it.

I now have both in my study hooked up to my instrument interface I use for my guitar. Stanmore on left channel left side of my computer monitor and Woburn about 4 feet to the right near the corner. Using mono to stereo cables for the separate left and right channels. So I have both speakers working working to form a stereo pair. Sounds great.

The Woburn still sounds best wired, probably due to limitations in Bluetooth which is designed to be low bitrate and fairly compressed with a weaker signal to save bandwidth and battery power. Hopefully they will make WIFI more accessible to desktop computers as I haven't found a way to play general windows audio from my computer to the speaker. I have to use Spotify which supports the speaker directly.

Marshall really need to invest more in driver support for desktop computers to enable general windows WIFI audio.
- Adrian Tysoe 09 Dec 2018 at 06:11 PM
Nice Information thanks for sharing - Punit D 21 Jun 2019 at 04:06 PM
Answers: 3

vote

Hello Mickey,

We cannot comment on the Harman Kardon, but we would recommend looking at the www.marshallheadphones.com website as this will give you all the information you require regarding the Woburn. 

Kind Regards

Marshall Support.

answered 03 Dec 2018 at 01:12 PM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
very good to see how you guys are providing such valuable pieces of information to us - mohd tamir 30 Aug 2020 at 01:26 PM
It’s really a cool and useful piece of info. I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us.Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
design jewellery in chennai

?
- women jewellery in chennai chennai 30 Oct 2021 at 10:18 AM

votes

Hello Mickey,

We cannot comment on the Harman Kardon, but we would recommend looking at the www.marshallheadphones.com website as this will give you all the information you require regarding the Woburn.  ?

Kind Regards

Marshall Support.

answered 11 Feb 2022 at 08:48 AM

jack mario

votes

I prefer the first one because one of my friends, maybe you heard about it used these in his house

edited 24 Sep 2022 at 05:08 PM

Haryy Bean

answered 24 Sep 2022 at 05:04 PM

Haryy Bean
Loading - please wait...