CODE50 Speaker Type

votes

Hi.

Please can you (Marshall) tell me if the speaker in the CODE50 is a FRFR ("Full Range Flat Response") speaker???

Or is it an actual guitar cab. speaker (that may have been specifically voiced for the CODE50)???

Regards,

Dale.

P.S.

Of course anybody else's comments would be appreciated.

asked 04 Dec 2018 at 04:11 PM

Dale Paterson (105)
Answers: 3

votes

Hi Dale,

The speaker in the Code is a Guitar speaker voiced for the Code range.

Marshall Support

answered 05 Dec 2018 at 09:09 AM

Anyway it would be nice to get some information concerning frequency range, resonance frequency and sensitivity for both 10" and 12" speakers in CODE series... :-) - Jacek Klimkiewicz 06 Dec 2018 at 10:06 AM

votes

Hello.

Thanks for that.  Great news.

Would it be possible to tell me if the speakers in the CODE50 were based or modelled on a particular make and model manufactured by another manufacturer e.g. Celestion and, if so, which model???

I'm wanting to replace the stock speakers in my CODE50's to try get some more mids. out of them.  Problem is that there is such a variety of choices available (especially now that I know it's an actual guitar cab. speaker) that I don't really know quite where to start (and I don't have the luxury of being able to test various speakers and return them as I have to import whatever it is that I decide to buy).

Regards,

Dale.

answered 05 Dec 2018 at 09:50 AM

Dale Paterson (105)
Hi Dale,

The Code 50 speaker was designed for Code itself so not based on any other model of speaker, just made for the Code Range, we cannot recommend any other speaker as we have only tested the Code speakers with the unit.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 05 Dec 2018 at 04:07 PM

votes

Hello.

Thanks again.

Still good news though.

Regards,

Dale.

answered 05 Dec 2018 at 04:44 PM

Dale Paterson (105)
Loading - please wait...