Humming sound when the Standby Switch turned ON on Marshall VBA400 Bass Headamp

votes

Hi there everyone, it's my first post here. I just acquired (2nd hand) Marshall VBA400 Bass head amplifier. It sounds really great but I just want to ask anyone from here has got the same experienced with an audible "humming sound" when the Standby Switch is turned ON... is it normal for this model? one more question, when i got the VBA400 it comes with Marshall MG412A speaker cabinet (4x12")... are they both match to use technically? 

edited 13 Dec 2018 at 08:43 AM

Leevan Mercado

asked 13 Dec 2018 at 08:41 AM

Leevan Mercado
Answers: 2

votes

Hello Leevan,

There will always be a slight hum when switching the standby on, we do not recommend you use the VBA400 with the MG412A (if it is the standard cabinet) as this is not a bass cabinet and it is not powerful enough to handle the output of the VBA400, using it will cause damage to the speaker and amplifier.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 13 Dec 2018 at 08:46 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Thanks Marshall Support! follow up question... does the Standby Switch need to be ALWAYS turned ON during playing? (because I tried turning OFF the standby switch humming stops/gone... but also there were no sound coming out from speaker cabinet) :( - Leevan Mercado 13 Dec 2018 at 08:59 AM

votes

The stanby switch always need to be turned on whilst playing.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 14 Dec 2018 at 08:36 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Loading - please wait...