Code 25 goes into test mode when connected to Logic

votes

Today I connected my Code 25 to my MacBook Pro to record in Logic Pro X but when I connected it, it went into TEST MODE (which I've never seen before) and I could not record any output from the amp.  I unplugged, and restarted both the computer and the amp - same thing happened.

I had my phone hooked up by Bluetooth to control the settings, but I've done this many times in the past and never had this problem.  Ideas?  Solutions?

asked 13 Dec 2018 at 02:31 PM

Hershey Bell
The problem as I initially stated it is still a problem; however, I was able to bypass the issue by connecting the headphone jack through an Edirol USB audio interface into my computer and I could record directly from the amp. I do want to say, however, the manual DOES SAY that you can connect from the USB output to a computer. That still does not work. - Hershey Bell 22 Dec 2018 at 12:29 AM
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Hershey,

Thank you for your message, do you have any MIDI utilities that they are running on you Mac, or have any Logic Pro X SysEx faders set up, that could be broadcasting a message to the amp.

You could also try  https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/ to see if there are SysEx messages being sent out.

Marshall Support

answered 17 Dec 2018 at 02:10 PM

I don't believe so, but let me try that website and let you know what I found out.
- Hershey Bell 17 Dec 2018 at 07:43 PM
I just ran MIDIMonitor and nothing showed up. - Hershey Bell 17 Dec 2018 at 11:34 PM
Loading - please wait...