Using 4-way Code switch with looper pedal

votes

Hello, just wondering if anyone has experience using a Marshall Code amp and then also using the Marshall 4-way switch combined with a looper pedal. If you set up your chain properly(guitar>4-way>looper>amp), can you have each loop have a different effect if you are using this 4-way pedal to change those effects on each loop? 

asked 18 Dec 2018 at 09:47 AM

Peter D
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Peter,

The Code only produce the sound of the preset you are on, if you loop a sound and change preset the loop you recorded will change to that preset selected. Hope this helps.

Marshall Support

answered 18 Dec 2018 at 09:53 AM

votes

I've heard of people hacking this using the headphone out and aux-in on some amps, but this doesn't really work very well.

My suggestion, as a cheap and quick option, would be to look at something like a Zoom/Digitech/Boss multifx unit which has effects and run the amp on clean. Some of these have loopers built in, so you may be able to trade your current looper in for one.

By the way, if you do look at a new amp in the future, you can still go with a modelling amp as long as it has an FX loop. I'm using a Boss Katana 100 and the only external pedals I use are an RC-3 looper and a tuner.

answered 20 Dec 2018 at 05:46 PM

nate liv (1)
I just ordered a Code 100 head that has an FX Loop and i'm hoping I'll be able to use an RC-3 looper to record a clean loop and play a distorted lead over the clean loop. I'm having trouble finding how you go about running your cables to make this work. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks - Jon Balko 11 Mar 2019 at 11:37 PM
I had the same problem with my code 50and a boss rc-3 looper pedal. You need to get a distortion peddle connect that first and then the looper. - Harris Gleen 11 Jul 2019 at 11:04 PM
Loading - please wait...