Midi not available

votes

I have an iPhone with google chrome installed but when I try to get a preset it says midi not available everything else on Bluetooth is working. Are you telling me I have to have a desk top instead of using my iPhone to directly get presets? So confusing!!

asked 18 Dec 2018 at 08:12 PM

jason coleman
Answers: 4

votes

Hi Jason

There are 2 ways to download presets, one is from you PC via USB direct to your amp, no phone needed. The 2nd is by Bluetooth using the Gateway app on your mobile device.

If you are downloading via USB straight to the amp then you can click the amp button on the preset whilw the USB is connected to the Code, this one send the preset to your device, you will then need to press the store button to save the preset to your amp.

If your downloading via Gateway, you need to connect the Bluetooth on your device to the amp, then connect within the Gateway app, you will need to log in to the app using the same login you use for My Marshall, once you have done this you can save presets to your Libaray on the My Marshall website, you need to open the tab MY GATEWAY, then drag and replace the new presets into your list, you will then need to sync the presets while connected in the Gateway app to you amp.

Marshall Support

answered 19 Dec 2018 at 08:47 AM

Thank you so much I finally got it! - jason coleman 19 Dec 2018 at 04:01 PM
Great news Jason, happy we could help

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 19 Dec 2018 at 04:06 PM

votes

I have done this. I’m connected via Bluetooth to my amp and signed in connected to my Marshall. On the presets I can get the phone marker to light up with a green check but the amp sign next to it has a red x.  When I go back to gateway to get the preset nothing new is in my library. All my Bluetooth is hooked up but still says midi is not available. 

answered 19 Dec 2018 at 02:49 PM

jason coleman

votes

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the information, to download via the Gateway app, you do not a midi connection, you click the Phone icon, this will then save this to your libaray on My Marshall, you will then need to click the My Gateway tab, to drag the preset into your Gateway, it will show at the bottom of screen on your desktop. Once you have done this you need to connect via the Gateway app, sync the app, this will now download your new presets to your device, you can send the presets from you mobile device using bluetooth not midi.

Marshall Support

answered 19 Dec 2018 at 02:57 PM

votes

Thanks for the working solutions :)

Thanks

Walmart One

edited 15 Aug 2019 at 05:18 AM

Kelerin Martein

answered 15 Aug 2019 at 05:18 AM

Kelerin Martein
Loading - please wait...