Rattle and static on Origin 50 combo

vote

I'm using a Origin 50 combo. I find when I crank the master volume and play at higher volumes, I get what sounds like glassy tube rattle. There is also just generally more noise than I would expect. I tried it with a different cabinet. It seems to be worst when using the internal speaker or when the amp is sitting on top of the external cabinet... my assumption is that the physical vibrations due to high volume are causing the tubes to rattle. The rattling is getting passed through the speaker, meaning that it is not just simply a physical rattle, but it is a transferred into the signal.

It sounds similar to some of the problems on the internet with the Class 5 that had rattling. Someone suggested that tube rings would fix it. Any suggestions?

asked 27 Dec 2018 at 08:29 PM

Chris Holtmeier (1)
Having the exact same problem with my Origin 20 combo brand new just arrived 20 mins ago. - Steven Acklin 27 Sep 2021 at 06:57 PM
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Chris,

We have not come across a rattle on the Origin 50 Combo we would recommend that you take it back to the dealer it was purchased through so it can be looked at by an engineer.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 02 Jan 2019 at 02:52 PM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Loading - please wait...