Gateway Playback crashing

votes

Gateway app working well except for playback. It crashes every time I tap to load a track. I have a purchased song (from iTunes) ready to go. Am I missing something?  Apple iPhone 8+ and Code 50 

asked 31 Dec 2018 at 01:28 PM

chris adams
Probably a similar situation happens on android: my playback show me a initial screen with request of tapping to load a song...and immediatly after the screen becomes totally white and two buttons (oK) and (ANNULA) are presnet on the screen . Not working properly . Please correct this feature !!! - Ruggero Romano 17 Sep 2020 at 01:40 PM
Answers: 6

votes

As I remember this issue has already been explained by Marshall Team. I suggest to enter "iTunes" to FilterTex field and search past questions.

Hope this helps...

answered 31 Dec 2018 at 01:41 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)
I’ve checked this. They do say that music can’t be streamed but not how to get it to work instead. - chris adams 31 Dec 2018 at 01:55 PM
Also the app crashes before I am able to select any alternative source. - chris adams 31 Dec 2018 at 01:57 PM

votes

Hi Chris,

You can connect via Bluetooth and just play music via the Apple app not using the Gateway App.

Marshall Support

answered 02 Jan 2019 at 09:45 AM

votes

Same thing happens for me with Gateway when I try and use playback.  It no longer works any more which really is a HUGE loss of function.  If it cannot be fixed, then my Codes will be sold.  

It will not play songs on playback from your iTunes library any more.  This was a great feature for learning songs.  It is now gone.

answered 19 Jan 2019 at 08:52 PM

brian wood
Hi Brain,

This was due to an update from Apple, are team are working on this update to fix this issue.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 21 Jan 2019 at 10:24 AM

votes

Disappointing that the playback feature does not work.  Yes, we can stream through Apple Music or Bluetooth through YouTube, but fidelity is lacking.  These issues should have been solved before selling and including this as a feature.  Marshall getting a bad reputation for keeping up with the times...

answered 31 Jan 2019 at 01:04 PM

Deb Aldred (1)
Hi Deb

This was due to an update from Apple, are team are working on this update to fix this issue, featured worked perfectly fine before updating there systems.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 31 Jan 2019 at 02:00 PM

votes

Hi! The playback feature does not work on iPhone... I need that to learning song.... I bougth the Marshall Code 50 for this great feature... 

answered 23 Feb 2019 at 05:29 PM

Raynald Lachance
Hi Raynald,

We are working on a fix for this, it was due to an update on IOS.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 25 Feb 2019 at 08:59 AM
Is there an ETA to get the Playback feature working? This was one of the top selling points for me when purchasing my CODE. - Ron DeMartino 06 Mar 2019 at 06:33 PM

votes

Is there any update to the fix. After reading reviews one of the selling points was the ease of use of the Gateway Appto control and load tones with the bonus that you could load songs from your library to slow them down to practice too. 

I’ve opened the app, gone to playback to look for something my tutor recorded for me and I loaded into iTunes. I press on the load track and a white page briefly appears then returns me to the load song page. 

Im not given time to even look for the song. 

Is this is the problem others have had? Is a fix still coming?

if not can songs be played from my iPad to the Marshall without Gateway using Anytune Pro or similar which is designed for practice playback slowing things down without changing pitch. 

answered 09 Jun 2019 at 05:56 PM

Steve Fitzpatrick
Loading - please wait...