Is The DSL100h Channel Footswitch Jack Short-To-Sleeve?

votes

I have a Marshall DSL 100-watt head purchased in 2016 (so not the newest version), whose channel switching and onboard reverb I would like to operate with a Fractal Audio FX8's relay function. The manual for the FX8 clearly states that its relay function is only to be used on amps with "short-to-sleeve" switching. My questions are, is the Marshall DSL100 head built with short-to-sleeve channel switching? And also, do the channel switching and reverb on/off functions on the amp behave in a latching manner (i.e. the effect remains on as long as the switch is engaged) or an auto-off manner (i.e. the effect is triggered by a momentary connection)?

Thank you!

asked 08 Jan 2019 at 06:59 PM

Hayden Gist
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Hayden,

The footswitch operation is latching the two operations are short to sleeve, we hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 09 Jan 2019 at 08:41 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Hi there,

I have a similar use case: I want to use my amps with a Headrush Gigboard in 4-cable method.
The Headrush manual tells me, only to use the "external amp control" function with an amp, which has a "short-to-sleeve footswitch input".

I guess for my Marshall DSL40C your anser is suitable and i have my footswitch input working "short-to-sleeve" as the DSl100 Head, mentioned above.
But I am also using a Marshall JCM2000 DSL100H (2 separate single footswitch inputs. Using with a TS-cable on the Footswitcher itself).
- What kind of Footswitch Input is this? (Need to know if it is working "short-to-sleeve" as well and what cable to use for? TS or TRS or no matter which?

- Can you explain what "short to sleeve" does mean? I cannot find any information to this.
- Is there a connection to using the right cables? For example a TRS cables?

If you can answer this would be great!
Thanks in advance!

- Andreas Schlicker 01 Mar 2022 at 11:15 AM
Loading - please wait...