AS50D Mains hum

votes

Hi My AS50D has developed a loud hum

It doesn't change if If connect different guitars or micsand changing the input levels has no effect

But it does get louder with the master volume

It sounds like a problem with the power supply is it an easy repair?

I live in the far north of Scotland so shipping is a problem

Here is a video of the hum 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TiVyTYxZsvzc8pF6fWeg_1OQyD2nKjuICw

asked 16 Jan 2019 at 10:10 AM

Stewart McCarroll
Update - I've had the amp checked out by the local music tech and he couldn't find anything wrong. I then found somebody else with the same amp and we did a side by side comparison. Interestingly my friend didn't think his AS50 had a hum until I asked him. He then noticed what I was talking about. Both amps make the same hum and it seems that the hum is only apparent in a really quiet space (I live in a very rural location) In gig environments the hum is not noticeable over the ambient noise. So it seems the hum is a "feature" of this amp rather than a fault. Excellent response from Marshall support though, but It looks like I'll just have to learn to live with it HoHum ;) - Stewart McCarroll 21 Jan 2019 at 06:46 PM
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Stewart,

Regarding your AS50D looking at the video it is very hard to hear the hum and give a diagnosis, we would be happy to look at the amplifier for you and we can arrange collection if the amplifier is boxed up safely and we give a free quote. If you would like to make any arrangements or have any questions please contact our returns department on 01908 375411.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 17 Jan 2019 at 10:50 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Loading - please wait...