No automatic bluetooth connection - IPHONE

votes

I bought the combo yesterday and it's full of bluetooth bugs - looking now at the FORUM my impression is that the support doesn't care about it.

- No automatic bluetooth connection - iPHONE - I am having always to force Iphone to "forget" the AMP and pairing it again... each time...

- MAC IOS , When I try to connect the bluetooth in my MAC, it makes the system crashes, mouse and keyboard stop working... there's no were to get the necessary code to bluetooth connection...

DO WE HAVE PLANS FOR A NEW FIRMWARE TO BE RELEASED SOON ? PLEASE

asked 31 Jan 2019 at 11:33 AM

alexandre fabro (3)
Answers: 2

votes

Hi Alexandre,

Thank you for your comments are team are working on an update for Bluetooth connection for those having issues.

Code is not designed to connect to a Mac as the app only works on a mobile device.

Marshall Support

answered 31 Jan 2019 at 02:08 PM

Thanks for answering,

I was not questioning about the APP to be avaiable for MAC users.
about your comment about "Code is not designed to connect to a Mac" - it does work by USB cable and Chrome.

Bluetooth+MAC should work as well - my intention is listen to music using the speaker. As I can do using several $5 dollars devices. The problem is the way the software does the connection.

As far as I can see the main problem is that to pair a code to be provided by the M.Code25 is necessary and we don't have where to get it.
If the intention is improve the software, it can be somehting to think about. Or a standard code to be used, let's say the equipment serial or 000.

And please forgive me about the comment "support doesn't care about it" - Just got a little frustraded after several problems with the new equipment, and saw it's in the support queue for a while...

Tks ! But it sounds great at least and not expensive ...

- alexandre fabro 31 Jan 2019 at 06:57 PM
Hi Alexandre,

Thank you for the information, please the link below for information on connection

https://my.marshall.com/support/faq/839/browser-midi-troubleshooting

We are happy to help and support all customers, we are working on a fix for the Bluetooth, for users having this issue.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 01 Feb 2019 at 09:10 AM

votes

I've been struggling with this same problem for almost a year and like everyone else, keeping any eye on when the next firmware update would fix this bug. However, I think I found a workaround that seems to fix the issue and does NOT require you to drop bluetooth pairing. The problem looks like it is with the "Auto-connect" feature checkbox within the iOS Marshall app. Uncheck and click 'Scan for Amps" and click  your amp when it shows up to connect(may have to click scan for Amps first within the app itself). Saves you forgetting, re-pairing, and holding the two amp buttons every time you turn the amp on. The trick is that the first time you launch the app, it gets messed up if "auto-connect" is checked. Uncheck it, shut the app itself down and relaunch. Otherwise it seems to get in a loop that will never connect and this is probably why all of us keep going through the hassle of unpairing.

The app itself has to be closed, the device does not need to be restarted. For iOS devices this means swiping up to shut the app down so you can reload it without the auto connect checkbox enabled

I'm curious if this works for anyone else!

answered 25 Feb 2019 at 05:22 PM

Kent Miller
Thanks for your hint, I tried it, but it doesn’t work in my case. I clicked the scan for amps, but my amp won’t show up :-( - Alexander Fleischmann 10 Apr 2019 at 10:17 PM
Loading - please wait...