Reorganizing Presets on CODE50; new order lost when browser partially freezes

vote

Twice now I have spent more than an hour reorganizing the default presets into preamp groupings, in the Chrome browser, clicking Save periodically with the checkbox checked to save a backup copy. Each time, Chrome or MyMarshall stopped accepting my clicks on the Save button in the lower right of the browser. Each time I seemed obliged to close the browser window and then navigate back to my presets. Each time I found all the presets reset either to their original order or at least to an order very different from the one I had created by the time Saves stopped being accepted. (I can't be more clear than this because I do not have the default preset order memorized.) Each time, I could not find any backup with my reorganized presets, so I have no idea what the backups are for or how to use them.

Is it possible to sort presets based on the preamp models and save them that way in the CODE50? Is dragging and dropping each preset, one at a time in the browser on the MyMarshall site, the only way to reorder the presets? What and where are the backups and how can we use them?

BTW, changing the preset position in the Gateway app is problematic. When I tried saving preset 15 as preset 1, I ended up with the same preset in positions 1 and 15. The original preset 1 was missing.

edited 13 Feb 2019 at 10:05 AM

Jim Marshall (12)

asked 13 Feb 2019 at 10:03 AM

Jim Marshall (12)
Answers: 3

votes

Hi Jim,

Thank you for getting in contact, the best way is to drag and drop, one preset change at a time and then save.

Marshall Support

answered 13 Feb 2019 at 12:04 PM

Marshall, still not clear. Assume everyone just took the amp out of the box. What is the exact process to save a preset in a certain position or to save a new preset that was downloaded from the forum? Do you have to push something on the amp itself? Kind of defeats the purpose of having an app downloaded on a computer? - Jeff Bushnell 22 Feb 2019 at 03:38 PM
To clarify further, I hit the download button on several presets that were put there by the community thinking that they automatically go over to the library. They dont. So then I drag and drop the presets into the library but they dont stay there. - Jeff Bushnell 22 Feb 2019 at 03:42 PM

votes

Hi Jeff,

When you download, click on the My Gateway tab, you will then need to drag and drop from there. And make sure you save any changes, you can only make 1 change at a time and save after each one.

You can now access the presets from your mobile device using the the Marshall Gateway app, using bluetooth as a connection, or you can use a mini USB straight from your PC to your Code

Please use the link below

https://my.marshall.com/support/tutorials

Marshall Support

answered 22 Feb 2019 at 03:49 PM

votes

Jeff, this is what I had to do to save all my reorganized presets on my CODE50 as the new defaults on the CODE50. I had to turn on the CODE50, open the Gateway app, connect the CODE50, and open the Library (showing BLUE presets). Then I had to do take the following steps for each preset, one by one, all the way from 00 to 99:( a) confirm that the BLUE preset is shown in the Gateway app and also on the CODE50 display, and (b) press and hold the EXIT/STORE button on the CODE50 for a few seconds until the word "STORED" appears under the new preset name on the CODE50. Then sweep left on my iPhone to the BLUE preset 01 and repeat the same steps on the CODE50; sweep left on my iPhone to the BLUE preset 02 and repeat the same steps on the CODE50; and repeat the same steps, first on my iPhone and then on the CODE50, for each of BLUE presets 03 thru 99, one by one. It's tedious but it gets the job done.

answered 23 Feb 2019 at 03:22 AM

Jim Marshall (12)
Loading - please wait...