How do I save my reorganized Gateway presets as the CODE50 default presets?

votes

On the MyMarshall site, on the Presets page, I reorganized the default 100 presets to an order that makes more sense to me. I clicked the "Sync Now" button in the Gateway app and was pleased to see the new order displayed on the CODE50. However, when I toggle between AMP mode and Gateway mode using the icon in the lower left corner of the Gateway app, the order of Presets on the CODE50 also toggles back and forth between the original default order and the new order. How do I make my new order the default order on the CODE50, such that the new order will not change unless I do a factory reset?

Am I correct that clicking on the red "Reset Gateway Presets" button in the Gateway app would cause me to lose the new order created on the web page?

edited 14 Feb 2019 at 03:35 AM

Jim Marshall (12)

asked 14 Feb 2019 at 12:29 AM

Jim Marshall (12)
Answers: 1

vote

I figured it out. I had to turn on the CODE50, open the Gateway app, connect the CODE50, and open the Library (showing BLUE presets). Then I had to do the same thing for each preset, one by one, all the way from 00 to 99: confirm that the BLUE preset is shown in the Gateway app and also on the CODE50 display, press and hold the EXIT/STORE button on the CODE50 for a few seconds until the word "STORED" appears under the new preset name on the CODE50. Then sweep left on my iPhone to the BLUE preset 01 and repeat the same steps on the CODE50; sweep left on my iPhone to the BLUE preset 02 and repeat the same steps on the CODE50; and repeat the same steps, first on my iPhone and then on the CODE50, for each of BLUE presets 03 thru 99, one by one. It's tedious but it gets the job done.

It would be nice if we could change the order of all 100 presets (00 thru 99) in one fell swoop, but I suppose that would present its own risk of inadvertently changing 100 presets when one only wanted to change 1. Still, with sufficient warnings ("You are about to ...! Do you really want to ...?) and a Cancel button, the risk could be managed. In any event, if I'm OCD (preamp? cabinet?) enough to manually reorder 100 presets by dragging and dropping each one separately, it's not too much to expect me to store each one as a new default preset one at a time.

Very impressive combo amp.

answered 14 Feb 2019 at 04:41 AM

Jim Marshall (12)
Loading - please wait...