Best guitar knob settings to get a good feel for CODE50 presets?

votes

I'm a rank beginner and I know this question is probably "beyond stupid." The issue: my Epiphone Les Paul has four knobs and a three-way switch, all of which gives me many sound options; and I have the CODE50, which has a huge array of presets using even more tone-affecting options than my Les Paul. If I want to get the best, clearest sense for each of the CODE50 presets in itself, apart from tweaking possible with all the options on the Les Paul, how should I set the knobs on the Les Paul?

Two of the knobs control the 2 pickups and allow choice between humbucking and split coil on each one. With these two knobs, turning to 0 is not an option because that would set the volume to 0 at the guitar. I'm thinking that for these two knobs I should turn them to volume 5 (middle of the road, average, "typical"), then try each CODE50 preset with the 3-way switch in the treble, rhythm, and both positions.

But what about the 2 tone knobs (one for treble, the other for rhythm)? Turn these knobs to 0 and possibly emsculate the signal in to the CODE50? Turn them to 10 and maybe force a heavy crunch or overdrive (?) onto the signal in, giving me a "distorted" impression of the CODE50 presets?

In other words, how would you recommend I dial in my Les Paul so that I can get the best sense for what each CODE50 preset does?

asked 22 Feb 2019 at 12:38 AM

Jim Marshall (12)
Answers: 1

votes

All to 10 and switch to "treble" for riffs, switch to "rhythm" for solos, set volume on guitar to 5 if you want soft and more clear sound
see how I did it in my video

answered 22 Feb 2019 at 08:04 AM

Denis Moysienko (85)
Nice Denis.

Never realized that you had a YouTube channel. Good stuff.
- Dale Paterson 22 Feb 2019 at 08:45 PM
Hi, Dale!! Welcome! - Denis Moysienko 24 Feb 2019 at 01:51 PM
Loading - please wait...