Problems with the Gateway app

votes

As other users I can´t connect with the app (motorola g4 plus) the bluetooth pairing works fine but the app don´t. Some help? Thanks. Regards

asked 23 Feb 2019 at 11:00 AM

Mariano Resi
Answers: 5

vote

Mario.....if you look at your answer from Marshall support, they blamed the issue to your phone. As I  stated. I have a great phone. My bluetooth connected to ANYTHING I paired. No issues. Yet the Gateway app by Marshall, the people that created this monstrosity, blamed my phone. It would crash in the middle of a show, it would freeze, settings would erase themselves....If the app doesn't work on your phone.....go buy pedals....Marshall isn't going to give you answers. They're going to continue blaming you......Buy pedals or exchange your amp. I hear Line 6 makes a GREAT modeling amp....hind sight.....I should have bought the Fender Champion 100......

answered 25 Feb 2019 at 01:40 PM

Jamie Carter (16)
Thanks for your answer. I think there will be a solution... So I'll wait till Marshall give me one. The only feature that is not functioning is the app one... The rest is doing well by now. Thanks again. Regards - Mariano Resi 25 Feb 2019 at 01:50 PM

vote

Some phones are not compatible with the Gateway app. Marshall will tell you it's not them. But, my son has the same issue. Bought this nice amp and still had to buy pedals. If the app doesn't work with your phone, take the amp back. It's useless. Get another one. 

answered 24 Feb 2019 at 04:36 PM

Jamie Carter (16)

vote

Hi Mariano,

Could you confirm which Bluetooth your device has, we have tried searching without much luck, your phone needs to have Bluetooth LE, to be able to send data for the Gateway app.

Marshall Support

answered 25 Feb 2019 at 08:57 AM

I think it is a Bluetooth LE cause I use a BLE heart rate band paired with my phone to do some exercises and it works perfect. Thanks. - Mariano Resi 25 Feb 2019 at 10:34 AM
The phone bluetooth is 4.1 that includes the BLE protocols - Mariano Resi 25 Feb 2019 at 04:14 PM
I was able to connect the amp with an old Samsung S4 phone that I had saved and it worked. The strange thing is that it keeps saying "not connected" and even then it is possible to set the amp through the app. whats going on?. I think that you have to work harder in the app!!!
- Mariano Resi 26 Feb 2019 at 07:20 PM

vote

I'm going to add this.......go through this My marshall forum and look at the headings....notice the number of people with issues with this amp.......hhmmmmm?????

answered 25 Feb 2019 at 01:47 PM

Jamie Carter (16)

votes

I'm having sort of a similar problem that just cropped up this morning. I posted a question about it a few minutes ago before I did a search of the message base here. My phone and CODE 50 have been paired ever since first set it up about a month ago. But this morning, for whatever reason, it lost is pairing.

I just found a solution to the problem I was having, so I thought I'd pass it along. The main problem was that "Connect" button down in the bottom left corner was nowhere to be found and "Scan for amps" had replaced it. Whenever I restarted Gateway, it would come back to this same page. Well, then it finally dawned on my that, with my phone, once an app has been launched, it stays in the phone's memory. So I closed all apps. Then I rebooted Gateway, and then the "Connect" button was back. I hit that button and - bing! - the CODE was immediately detected and I have control over it with Gateway once again. So if your phone is like mine, try closing all apps, then reboot Gateway and try to reconnect.

edited 19 Mar 2019 at 04:47 PM

Michael McBroom

answered 19 Mar 2019 at 04:12 PM

Michael McBroom
Loading - please wait...