Newbie questions to Code 50

vote

Hello, just purchased a Code 50 and so far I'm very happy with the amp but there are still a few things unclear with the Presets and Gateway. I have connection with my laptop or via android, that all works fine. I've downloaded a few presets from the website and want to use them on the amp. 

- The standard 100 presets are  there when I connect to the amp. If I want to add new presets do I have to override one of the standard presets? I thought 200 was the limit?
- And another thing,  if for example I upload a new preset to the amp the name of the preset doesn't show in the display. 

I tried the manual or Youtube tutorials but none are very clear on this subject. 

asked 06 Mar 2019 at 09:45 AM

Wim de Nooijer (1)
Answers: 1

vote

Hi Wim,

Thank you for your message, there is 2 lots of 100 presets, one set on your amp the other on the Gateway, you can choose which sets of presets to use, by using the tab in the bottom left corner, which show a Amp for Amp presets and a mobile device for Gateway presets.

If you upload a preset to the amp you need to make sure you press the store button to confirm.

Hope this helps

Marshall Support

answered 06 Mar 2019 at 01:44 PM

OK, I uploaded the presets to the Amp, press Store on the Amp. But if I go check the Android app the new presets don't appear. - Wim de Nooijer 06 Mar 2019 at 02:44 PM
Hi Wim,

Pressing store on the amp will only store to amp not the device.

Are you connected via Bluetooth, if you are and you have the amp presets on your device, you can open the library select the preset using the arrow, then you can choose to save on both the amp and the device.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 06 Mar 2019 at 02:53 PM
I'm connected via Bluetooth, but I dont see the presets on the Android device. This is what I do:

- On my laptop (connected via USB to the Code 50) I go to the Presets page. I choose a preset Van Halen Panama. I click on the Mobile Phone icon (Add preset to my library)
- When I go to the My Library tab, I can see the Presest is added.
- The next tab My Gateway, first shows the 100 standard presets, and at bottom I can see the Presets I've downloaded.

On the Android app, it says I have connection.
I go Library (blue) but all I see are the 100 standard presets.
I go Presets (gold) and still only see the 100 standard presets.
If I go Menu, My Marshall and chose Sync now. It syncs 0 presets.

- Wim de Nooijer 06 Mar 2019 at 05:12 PM
Hi Wim,

When you have downloaded in the Gateway Tab at the bottom, where your downloaded presets are, you need to drag and drop them to replace another in your 100 presets, can you confirm you are doing this.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 07 Mar 2019 at 08:44 AM
Yes, it's working now! Thank you. - Wim de Nooijer 07 Mar 2019 at 09:33 AM
Great news, Enjoy your Code
Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 07 Mar 2019 at 09:38 AM
Hi Marshall Support folks.. i too am a Marshall Newbie and started with this same question, then started seeing things about patches. As Wim alluded, there isn't any official Marshall instruction on all this. Picking thru this Q/A is pretty confusing itself when starting from zero. Any chance that Marshall has, or can prepare, an actual Manual Section on "Using Presets"? - steve gray 30 Mar 2019 at 05:44 PM
If you go to the support tab there are tutorials on pre sets that you may find helpful.

Kind Regards
Marshall Support
- JOANNA GREEN 01 Apr 2019 at 07:47 AM
THE TUTORIALS ARE VAGUE, TOO SHORT AND USELESS REALLY - Terry Lowe 17 Oct 2020 at 08:48 PM
Loading - please wait...