DSL40CR low end a bit flubby!

votes

I recently bought a new DSL40CR. Great sounding amp! Great tones! I am noticing that the low end sounds a bit flubby. I was reading in some forums that this can be caused by improperly adjusted BIAS. Can anyone direct me as to what the mV for each left and right tubes should be set to?

asked 06 Mar 2019 at 06:41 PM

Todd Lampron
Answers: 2

votes

Hello Todd,

When adjusting the bias we recommend that this is carried out by a qualified engineer, if you have an engineer that can carry this out for you we can provide details, please e-mail us on servicedesk@marshall.com

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 07 Mar 2019 at 08:45 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
I bought the amp and live in Canada. I have been searching for a service tech of authorized Marshall service depot in the area(Sudbury Ontario). I bought the amp from Long & McQuade Music in Sudbury. I understand that the test holes and trim pots are there for consumer adjustment. Please advise further. - Todd Lampron 07 Mar 2019 at 01:56 PM
If you visit our website www.marshall.com and click on find my retailer and enter your country a list of service centres will be displayed for you.

Kind Regards
Marshall Support
- JOANNA GREEN 12 Mar 2019 at 01:41 PM

votes

Thanks for the NON help. I had heard that Marshall customer service was shitty. I guess I heard right. I fixed it. 

If I lived in the UK would I have gotten better service? hmmmmm The questions we ponder.

answered 14 Mar 2019 at 02:10 PM

Todd Lampron
Hello Todd,
With regards to your comments as company we are unable to give you biasing information as we have to advise it is carried out by a qualified engineer due to health and safety regulations. This is the same information we give regardless where the customer is based.
Kind Regards
Marshall Support
- JOANNA GREEN 14 Mar 2019 at 04:22 PM
Loading - please wait...