CODE 50, 48kHz-only? Not a maximum?

votes

I had assumed that this was the maximum sample rate, not the only one. In practice it seems that it is 48kHz-only. Am I correct? 

asked 07 Mar 2019 at 05:56 PM

Jon Jacobi (4)
Answers: 1

votes

Okay, it seems to be the only sampling rate supported, yet I can record at 44.1kHz using Logic. I don't know if Logic forces this or resamples, but Bitwig, the other DAW I tried, will only let me select 48kHz.  Bitwig actually seems to let you mix files of different sample rates, so effectively it's not an issue with that program. There are also mysterious issues when I try to combine it in an aggregate device on the Mac and force 44.1kHz using the other interface as the clock source.

The real conundrum for me with the 48kHz is that a couple of other instruments (Yamaha MX88, THR10) that I record with support only 44.1kHz. This is actually the first device I've ever seen that was clock-locked.  I'd have bought this amp for $50 more so with a dedicated line out and support for other sample rates. I actually knew about the line out issue, but was not aware of the 48kHz when I bought it.

I'm sure we'll get those with the CODE 2. The truth is, I like the sound so much, I'll probably buy it. 

answered 10 Mar 2019 at 06:40 PM

Jon Jacobi (4)
Loading - please wait...