marshall code 100 foot switch options

votes

Hi please refer to this previous question to help explain the background to my question:  https://my.marshall.com/forum/question/1479/marshall-code-100---should-it-have-come-with-a-2-way-foot-switch?filterType=recent&myActivity=True

Basically I bought a Marshall code 100 (no it's not 100H or 100C just a plain 100). It was out of its box and on display but discounted by about $180 because it had a slight dent in the base. The store rep claimed it had not been used. I bought it due to the price but after a few months I realised it should have come with a 2 button footswitch. I then raised this fact with the store and they agreed to supply me with the one that should have come with it. It has been about 6 months since they promised me they would replace and every time I ring up they come up with some bullshit excuse like "oh our suppliers on the other side of the country claim it is not sold as a spare and they have to order it in and they are not receiving any new stock of this item until Feb". 

So Feb has come and gone so I am about to ring them and vent my frustrations on them. Then I thought maybe I could get the PEDL 91009 foot switch instead of the PEDL-91010, at a discounted price (perhaps to the value of the cheaper switch that should have come with it), as I am told it is much better.  As I have never had or even used a foot switch and am completely clueless on them I have a few questions:

Does the basic PEDL-91010 footswitch only allow you to switch to the next preset up or down on the preset list of 100 presets? Or can you jump from like preset number 4 to preset number 98? If it only allows you to switch to the next one up or down does the 91009 model allow you to switch between any two presets on my list? Does the 91009 model allow you to program more than 2 presets to switch between when playing a song? 

Finally, one responder to my other post mentioned that the Code 100 only comes with a basic 2 way footswitch and that the PEDL 91010 is an optional extra. But this contradicts what others were saying (eg that it is the PEDL 91010 footswitch that it comes with).

Anyway I am confused and need all this cleared up so I am fully armed when I next call the store.

asked 10 Mar 2019 at 02:04 PM

julien casella (1)
Answers: 1

votes

Hi, Julien.

Marshall CODE100 is usually named 100C (for Combo) to distinguish it form 100H (which stands for Head). It should be delivered with 2-buttons PEDL-91010.

1. "Does the basic PEDL-91010 footswitch only allow you to switch to the next preset up or down on the preset list of 100 presets?" - yes, this is a way it works.

2. "Or can you jump from like preset number 4 to preset number 98?" - no, you can only scroll presets up and down.

3. "If it only allows you to switch to the next one up or down does the 91009 model allow you to switch between any two presets on my list?" - substantially yes, but with one limitation: you can jump between 30 preset chosen from your amp.

4. "Does the 91009 model allow you to program more than 2 presets to switch between when playing a song?" - yes, 91009 has 10 banks (A to J) of 3 presets in each bank. You can assign any of 100 preset of your amp to any footswitch position. To be more specific: you can assign preset number 4 to A1 position of the footswitch, preset number 56 to A2 position, number 23 to A3, 79 to B1 and so on...

One important thing: fotswitch does NOT store ANY preset information, but ONLY preset number, so if you have assigned amp preset number 4 to A1 footswitch memory, and then you modify preset 4 settings in your amp - you have NEW preset 4 in A1 switch position. 

PEDL-91009 can work in two different ways: switch mode, and preset mode. Everythig I've described above concerns switch mode. Preset mode allows you to turn on and off some settings INSIDE the preset. If, for example, preset you are using playing a song has active distortion, phaser and delay, using footswitch allows you to turn off any of these effects, exactly in the same way you can do pressing apropriate buttons on your amp console.

If something what I wrote above is not clear (sorry, I know that my english is definitely NOT perfect...) try to read the 91009 manual:

https://mymarshall.blob.core.windows.net/websitefiles/downloads/PEDL-91009_OwnersManual_V12_LANGS.pdf

edited 10 Mar 2019 at 05:37 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)

answered 10 Mar 2019 at 05:35 PM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)
Thanks Jacek, that's a very informative answer - julien casella 12 Mar 2019 at 02:23 PM
Loading - please wait...