CODE 50 Bluetooth Won't Connect

votes

I'm brand new to the forum and I'm here because I have a problem. I bought my CODE 50 about a month ago -- love the amp by the way -- and it's been connected to my Android smart phone ever since I first set it up. I have the auto connect feature enabled so whenever I've been out of range, then moved back into range, it reconnects automatically.

Well, it's worked normally until this morning, when I noticed that nothing was happening when I was changing some settings using my phone. Come to discover the pairing had been lost. At first I started to retry pairing from the phone's menu, where it showed the CODE 50, but it didn't show it as being connected. When I put the amp in pairing mode, it had no effect in the app. 

So I exited the app and booted the pairing function in the phone. The phone paired with the amp quickly, showing the amp's code. But when I went back into the app, now it doesn't even show the amp anymore and when I hit the scan button down in the bottom left of the screen, the app just sits there and doesn't do anything. I've tried restarting the app, but that doesn't do any good. It just comes right back to the same screen as before. 

So, what now? I'm thinking about uninstalling and reinstalling the app, cuz I can't think of anything else that might work.

asked 19 Mar 2019 at 03:56 PM

Michael McBroom
Hi Michael,

If you open up your Bluetooth settings and do a forget device, then try the pairing from scratch, if this does not work, please contact us on servicedesk@marshall.com

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 19 Mar 2019 at 04:09 PM
Answers: 3

vote

Hi.

I have the same problem. For a few months it worked as desired, but now it has suddenly stopped working with the Gateway app. No matter how I try, the blutooth connection itself works, no problem sending audio to the amplifier from the mobile, but the Gateway app does not find the amplifier.
I have tried all the tips I can find here on the forum.
I have updated the software, reinstalled the app. Forgot the bluetooth connection and re-enabled it.
But nothing helps, what should I do ?? I'm devastated.

/ Sonny

answered 26 May 2020 at 07:38 PM

Sonny Olerius (1)
I have a same problem. App does not find device - M Z 19 Feb 2021 at 10:48 AM

votes

Thanks for your prompt reply. On my phone, there is no forget for devices. When pairing, it shows the CODE 50, and I actually have to touch the CODE 50's number string to get the bluetooth function to activate and attempt pairing. It does this quickly, indicating that the CODE has been paired for audio. I can then click "Done" at which point the bluetooth window closes.  At this point the amp and the phone are paired, but Gateway does not see it. Whenever I started up Gateway, it was always returning to the same screen, which I couldn't use. It showed the "Scan for amps" button in green, which didn't do anything. I couldn't find a screen that showed the red "Connect" button.

Then it dawned on my that with my phone, a Samsung S9 (and with previous Samsungs I've owned), once an app is booted, it stays in the phone's memory until it is closed. The easiest way for me to close it is to close all apps. Which I did just now. Then I rebooted Gateway, and finally I had the screen where the red "Connect" button appeared. When I clicked on "Connect" the phone and amp instantly paired. So that was the issue for me.  I suspect it might be the issue with other smart phone users where an app stays resident in the phone's memory. I remain a bit puzzled, though, why that green "scan" button didn't do anything. Seems to me like it should have done something besides just sit there.

answered 19 Mar 2019 at 04:56 PM

Michael McBroom

votes

Hi Michael,

Glad all is working now, all Android devices have a forget device, if you open the the settings click on connections, then click bluetooth, the will be a cog symbol where you can forget the device.

You may need to do this if the bluetooth is not showing, Code is different to normal bluetooth speakers and it sends 2 signals, one for streaming the other for data, and this may need refreshing at times.

Marshall Support

edited 20 Mar 2019 at 08:45 AM

answered 20 Mar 2019 at 08:45 AM

Loading - please wait...