Does Amazon’s Kindle Fire interface with CODE 100H

votes

Hey, Marshall! I connect my iPhone 8+ with my 100H without any problems. I’d like to dedicate a cheap tablet to it, in order to have a bigger screen and touch controls, and mount it to my mic stand. Does the Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet work with the gateway app? I know iOS and Android are compatible. What about Fire OS, or whatever it is that Amazon runs? Thanks for answers. 

asked 28 Mar 2019 at 01:17 AM

Mark Solis (2)
Hey Mark this might not be the definitive answer but check out side loading apps on the Kindle. Google it. The issue is that Kindle has it's own store that is like a watered down version of what you get with other full android devices. Thus it is missing a lot of apps. The Code App being one of them. What it boils down to is that you have to find the Code App and download it to the Fire then side load it. Once this is done it will load just like any other app. The only thing I think you might run into is that Bluetooth on this app is flakey from one device to another and it might be real flakey on the Kindle. It might work wonderfully. Best of luck - Pat Brown 28 Mar 2019 at 05:58 AM
Answers: 1

vote

I’m going to answer my own question. I bought a brand new Kindle Fire 7, opened their Silk browser and searched Marshall Gate way app for Kindle. I was directed to a link for an .APK file for the gateway app. Simply download it from the link, turn off a security measure prohibiting unknown apps and then download. 

$34 from Amazon, I have a nice large screen interface for my code that I will attach to my mic stand to use in tandem with the programmable footswitch. No more trying to remember which patch you’ve clicked or the modulations selected. I now have a heads up display to do just that without leaving my spot on stage. 

answered 31 Mar 2019 at 02:54 AM

Mark Solis (2)
Loading - please wait...