Anyone have issues with the Muddy E String?

votes

I've noticed that I have many presets with a very muddy, flabby low E string. Was wondering if anyone had noticed this and how they went then about
fixing it.  You will notice it when you play Power Chords on the E and A strings

asked 02 Apr 2019 at 03:51 PM

Pat Brown (25)
I've noticed Sean Nixed that answered said something I've observed but thought I was crazy. Low E muddy then not when I turn it on another time - Pat Brown 05 Apr 2019 at 12:36 AM
Yep, I had same issue. Sound like 'a loose screw in the cabinet / resonance' when hitting low-E in force. Returned it to the shop, was repaired by changing some electronics.
Power off/onn did not solve the issue. Now it works fine.
- Jef Hoeberichts 05 Apr 2019 at 04:40 PM
Answers: 2

votes

I've found a solution to this and it might explain why it happens sometimes but not others.  If you push up the master volume and bring down the preset volume slightly it seems to give it a stronger less flabby bass especially on the low E and A power chords

answered 06 Apr 2019 at 08:18 AM

Pat Brown (25)

votes

I have noticed that one time I will turn the amp on and they will sound as you describe, and another time I turn it on and it sounds normal.  No rhyme or reason to it.

answered 04 Apr 2019 at 02:56 PM

Sean Nixie (6)
Loading - please wait...