Straight-thru amplification, with no modification of guitar output, so that I can test the effects of the switch and 4 knobs on my Epiphone Les Paul?

votes

I'm a beginner. I've experiemented with all the presets of my CODE50. It's an amazing amp/speaker combo. However, I would like to have a better understanding of what the switch and 4 knobs do on my Epiphone Les Paul, apart from all the amazing things that the CODE50 can do. This would seem to require that I set the CODE50 to work as a "pure amplifier," solely increasing the volume of the guitar output, without adding any effects to modify/model its output. Can I achieve this by doing the following using the iPhone app?

Turn to Pedal 1 preset (and not use a pedal)

Keep Pre-Amp at Natural

Turn Power-Amp and Cabinet off

Turn all FX off

Anything else?

asked 30 Apr 2019 at 02:26 AM

Jim Marshall (12)
Answers: 2

vote

Hi,

Yes you can simply bypass all of the effects, amps and cabinets by simply turning them off with the top row of buttons. However to achieve a nice pure guitar tone to experiment with your guitar I would suggest using an “American Clean” or the clean JTM45 setting (JTM Chill). Keep the preamp, power-amp and cabinet on and just bypass the effects. This will give you a truer representation of a clean guitar signal opposed to bypassing everything

Marshall Support

answered 30 Apr 2019 at 09:06 AM

votes

for me tuning is the hard parti tried to tune off and on certain buttons and the sound grade keeps degrading. 

edited 06 May 2019 at 11:18 AM

violet evergarden

answered 01 May 2019 at 09:24 PM

violet evergarden
Loading - please wait...