I have the Code 100 Head Plus the Marshall TSL 60 Head

votes

With having both above listed heads I own two Marshall Cabinets.  The 1936  2X 12 and The 1960 B straight 4 X 12.  On either cabinet is it possible to keep both heads connected at same time and either use one or the  other or both ?  Since both cabinets have multiple Cabinet inputs and claim some sort of stereo I was confuse. Do not beat me up for not knowing. But I have found no information on this....I realize the Code is 8 ohms but the TSL 60 you can chose the OHM outputs as well on cabinets it has different inputs for different OHMS or as I am thinking two different heads connected ??? 

edited 28 May 2019 at 08:13 PM

Angelo Bonanno

asked 28 May 2019 at 08:10 PM

Angelo Bonanno
Answers: 1

votes

Hello

If you wish to connect both amplifiers to the 1936 plug a speaker lead into both amplifiers setting the TSL60 to 8ohms and plug both leads into the two sockets on the cabinet this will give you each amplifier into each speaker. Regarding the 1960B connect the amplfiiers up in the same way set the switch on the 1960B to stereo this will give you each amplifier into the left or right. It is important to check the cabinet is in stereo mode as it will damage the amplifiers if left in mono.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 29 May 2019 at 09:26 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Ok , thank you, now if I understood I should also run both heads at the same time ? , I think I will be using with A n B Box from one guitar into both the two heads ? , Is it also Possible on TSL head to insert in the effects loops Some outboard effects also , or must use one head at a time while both speaker cords are still plugged in ? Or must both be on and used when both are connected ? This is more for permanat hook up so I can permanently connect the speaker cords and choose which head to use one at a time or use also both simultaneously using the A n B Box for the use of one Guitar into both inputs for both heads at same time ?? And the choice while all connections are still made to use only one head if I chose to at that moment instead of both. Or as I asked must both be turn on when both are connected to either the 2 x 12 or 4 x 12 cabs ?? - Angelo Bonanno 09 Jun 2019 at 09:56 PM
If you plug the speakers leads in the way we have described you don`t have to switch both amplifiers on just the one you wish to use. You can still use effects into the effects loop of the TSL if you wish, if you wish to use both heads using a A/B box on your guitar will allow you to switch between heads.

Kind Regards
Marshall Support
- JOANNA GREEN 11 Jun 2019 at 08:46 AM
Loading - please wait...