Open CODE 50 Cabinet. Did anybody do that? I did.

votes

I recide to open my code 50 cabinet. It was not just a simple sound change matter. For me this cabinet is the low point in the project. With this upgrade I believe now th speaker moves freely. Of coarse you have all those open cabinets advantage, more crystallinity, less punch low freequencies, more spacial sound distribution (less directionality)... For me the stage effect was quite positive. Some time ago I was really deciding to kick it out but now I am very satisfied with this little amp.

asked 21 Jun 2019 at 02:29 AM

Itamar Vidal (2)
Are you still happy with this change? Any downsides? - brian gallagher 09 Dec 2019 at 05:34 PM
Hi Brian. I'm still using open back. First of all, open back allow me less bass presence more crystalline sound and degrees of freedom regarding to directionality (I mean, close back makes the sound more directional). If you need more resonance parameter I can do it by simulation on amp because it has more independence on volume. Normally I like to play jazz and blues. This amp is enough for gigs with my Les Paul. I am not a metal guy however I still prefer this amp with open back for high gain preamps and pedals. - Itamar Vidal 09 Dec 2019 at 05:47 PM
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Itamar, thank you for that post.

I will try to do the same with mine Code25.

I am beginer of the Blues style. 

Thanks. 

answered 04 Aug 2020 at 05:24 PM

Paul Lloyd
Loading - please wait...