Code 100H Bluetooth "Connection Rejected

votes

I just got this head recently and installed the latest firmware update the other night (6/20/2019).   When I try to connect my IPad through the My Marshall app it seems to be a hit or miss proposition but more miss than hit.   In my settings on the IPad it shows me as connected, and the blue light on the head goes from flashing to solid.  On the app, it shows the head detected but when I press on that I get a "Connection Rejected"  (You may only control amps you are already connected to for audio output) and there's no control over the head from the app.   Now several other times it syncs right up.  I'm at a loss though.  Am I doing something wrong maybe in the sequence (operator error) or is there an issue somewhere else.  The manual doesn't really reference Bluetooth that well.  I'm not bluetooth savy becuase I rarely use it except for my phone in the car and connection there is automatic after I initially set it up.

So is it me?  Is it the gateway software?  Is it the head??   Help please?

asked 22 Jun 2019 at 05:32 PM

Kim Lubstorf
Answers: 1

votes

I had issues trying to conect when I first bough the amp but I a procedure that works.

Steps that work for me.

IPAD: Make sure the Gateway App is not running or running in the background (double click menu button to check)

IPAD: Also make sure other apps on the Ipad are off.

AMP: Turn amp off and back on   

AMP: Hold down the REV and Power buttons together to put in bluetooth pairing         

IPAD: Setting> Bluetooth if the code says connected under My Devices     - press the i next to connected and then select Forget This Device             

IPAD: Setting> Bluetooth  ( turn bluetooth off and back on)

IPAD: Setting> Bluetooth  now select the Code   under My Devices      - you should see it is connected   

IPAD: Launch the Gateway App - Select the Menu by dragging it across to the left

IPAD: Gateway App >Menu At the top select CODE may say not connected

IPAD: Gateway App >Menu>Amps Detected - Select the code that appears         

IPAD: Gateway App >Menu>You may also have to select the green Scan for Amps button at the bottom  if your amp does not show up right away.

I have found no problems being about 3 feet or more from the amp and connecting without and issue       

If the App, IPad or amp gets turned off you may have to repeat the process if it gets out of sync an won't connect.

I have never run into a issue where it won't connect following the above steps    - it a pain but sometimes you may have to repeat the process a few times     

It appears to be due to the bluetooth on the Apple and Amp side and not so much  the app, but I am no expert!

Cheers,

Rob

answered 23 Jun 2019 at 05:05 PM

Robert Marchetti
I am having the same problem, nothing seeming to work….would appreciate any ideas. - Frank Burke 12 Feb 2022 at 08:25 PM
Loading - please wait...