Marshall Code 100H to another power amp

votes

I have a bunch of Marshall amps and recently added a Code 100H to my collection.

I'd like to connect it to a JMD1 102, in order to use it as a valve power amp and cab for the Code as a preamp. I usually do it on my other amps by connecting the send from the "preamp" to the return of the "power amp", but in this case it didn't work, the only way to get some sound from it was connecting the headphones output to the input of the JMD1, but that's not what I expect once I have another preamp in the chain. Did anyone tried something similar?

asked 02 Jul 2019 at 04:55 AM

Daniel Custodio
Answers: 2

votes

Hello Daniel,

We recommend you use a screened lead such as a guitar lead from the line out on the Code to the return in the effects loop on the JMD.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 02 Jul 2019 at 07:41 AM

JOANNA GREEN (643)
Thanks support! By line out you mean headphone out, right? Is it a stereo or mono P2? - Daniel Custodio 03 Jul 2019 at 03:28 AM

votes

I have exactly the opposite problem. These send works for me.  it's going into the return of another amp.  However, I DO NOT get sound out of the headphones.  So, I am unable to use the headphones as a line in input into another amp.

answered 08 Jul 2019 at 02:46 AM

Antonio Hillario
Loading - please wait...