CODE problem & hang part-way thru firmware update

votes

The iOS Gateway app was unable to connect to my CODE 50 even though my MacBook Pro is connected via bluetooth, so I did a factory reset and then tried to do a firmware update. The first part of the firmware update (1.44) appeared to install correctly. Next I saw a DSP update and tried to apply that update. In the middle of the DSP update, I received an error message to the effect that the update failed and I should power off & on my computer/device. I powered my Mac off & on, but the CODE 50 shows a progress indicator (about 20%) and says "DO NOT SWITCH OFF."

I tried to reinstall the firmware/DSP update, but this time the update process would not even begin. I suspect the  problem is the frozen progress indicator and whatever ongoing or frozen process is causing the "DO NOT SWITCH OFF" message.

Othe than ignoring the warning on the CODE 50 and powering it off & on, I don't see what else I can do. Is there a way to abort the ongoing or frozen process without turning the CODE off.

What should I do?

edited 28 Aug 2019 at 03:47 AM

Jim Marshall (12)

asked 28 Aug 2019 at 02:06 AM

Jim Marshall (12)
Answers: 1

votes

I ignored the warning and cycled the CODE 50 off and on. No problem. The firmware updates applied successfully.

answered 28 Aug 2019 at 04:07 AM

Jim Marshall (12)
Glad its worked for you, a similar thign happened to me and has appeared to brick my amp. Its shockingly bad performance from marshall tbh. - Connor Flynn 16 Oct 2019 at 05:29 PM
Loading - please wait...