DSL40CR high power volume issue

votes

Hello. 

I just purchased the dsl40cr and I think it is acting strange.

When I put the amp in the low power mode, I think it sounds normal. But when I switch it to the high power mode, without changing any settings on the amp or the guitar, the volume decreases.

I'm not sure if this is normal??

I play on low volume with the master volume on about 1~2 and adjust the channel volume for the most part. 

The volume level sounds similar when the channel volume is on 2 (low power) vs 8 (high power). 

I would think that high power = higher volume?

I've read that the volume difference may not be a lot but to actually decrease going from low to high power mode seems strange. 

The volume level responds much more sensetively when it is on the low power mode. When it is on high power, it does not respond as sensetively. It gets louder as you increase the volume but not as much as when it is on low power mode.

Is this normal??

asked 29 Aug 2019 at 05:42 PM

Andy Suh
Answers: 2

votes

Hello Andy,

We have responded to you directly via your e-mail.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 30 Aug 2019 at 08:13 AM

I would like knowing the answer to this question as well.

Hello.
I just purchased the dsl40cr and I think it is acting strange.

When I put the amp in the low power mode, I think it sounds normal. But when I switch it to the high power mode, without changing any settings on the amp or the guitar, the volume decreases.

I'm not sure if this is normal??

I play on low volume with the master volume on about 1~2 and adjust the channel volume for the most part.

The volume level sounds similar when the channel volume is on 2 (low power) vs 8 (high power).

I would think that high power = higher volume?

I've read that the volume difference may not be a lot but to actually decrease going from low to high power mode seems strange.

The volume level responds much more sensitive when it is on the low power mode. When it is on high power, it does not respond as sensitively. It gets louder as you increase the volume but not as much as when it is on low power mode.

Is this normal??
- Bobby Bishop 26 Oct 2019 at 06:32 PM

votes

Why reply by private email?    I'd like to know your views on the problem raised by the OP.

answered 30 Aug 2019 at 09:41 AM

James sher (6)
Hi James,

The customer had already contacted us by another source and has been contacted directly by our tech team.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 30 Aug 2019 at 10:15 AM
Loading - please wait...