What electric guitar is the most versatile?

votes

Hey all,
First of all, some background information. I have been playing classical guitar for 2-3 months I would say, and I believe I have passed absolute beginners' stage. Yet, I have no interest in playing classical guitar (was playing just because I had one spared by my cousin), so I'm gonna buy an electric guitar fairly soon. However, the problem is, my taste is a little bit wide. I love blues, rock, metal and also jazz. I am imagining a guitar that is capable of sounding like Joe Bonamasa, Dream Theater, Europe, Opeth (even Opeth is wide enough to require more than one guitar I guess, but financial concerns...), Alter Bridge at the same time. I know, I know; at least something close to that. So far, I believe closest call is Yamaha Pacifica 112 series (since budget is my concern), but there seem to be hell of a lot of options. Also I consider buying Blackstar ID: Core 10 V2 as amplifier based on its good references all over the web, but not sure if it suits my playstyle. Not sure if anything, at least for limited budget, fits my styles. Even if not, plase share if you have close calls. Thanks in advance

edited 25 Sep 2019 at 07:39 AM

asked 02 Sep 2019 at 11:13 AM

ryan gant
Answers: 5

votes

Given you love blues, rock, metal and also jazz and Joe Bonamasa then I would advise you to look at a Les Paul style guitar within your budget. Maybe start by checking out the Epiphone range.

answered 03 Sep 2019 at 06:26 PM

James sher (7)

votes

answered 04 Sep 2019 at 10:25 AM

James sher (7)

votes

my taste is a little bit wide. I love blues, rock, metal and also jazz. I am imagining a guitar that is capable of sounding like Joe Bonamasa, Dream Theater, Europe, Opeth (even Opeth is wide enough to require more than one guitar autoclicker wordunscrambler jumblesolver

Given you love blues, rock, metal and also jazz and Joe Bonamasa then I would advise you to look at a Les Paul style guitar within your budget. Maybe start by checking out the Epiphone range.

edited 10 Sep 2019 at 11:34 AM

nino Play

answered 07 Sep 2019 at 04:26 PM

nino Play
There isn't a single electric guitar model that can be universally considered the most versatile for every player, as personal preference and playing style can greatly influence the choice of an electric guitar. However, there are certain electric guitar models that are often recognized for their versatility due to their design, pickup configurations, and tonal capabilities. Here are a few examples:

Fender Stratocaster: The Fender Stratocaster is renowned for its versatility and has been used in various genres of music. With its three single-coil pickups and five-way pickup selector switch, it offers a wide range of tones, from clean and glassy to crunchy and aggressive.

Gibson Les Paul: The Gibson Les Paul is another iconic electric guitar known for its versatility. Equipped with dual humbucker pickups, it offers a thicker and warmer tone compared to the Stratocaster. It can handle anything from blues and rock to heavier genres.

PRS (Paul Reed Smith) Custom 24: The PRS Custom 24 is highly regarded for its versatility. It features dual humbuckers with coil-splitting capabilities, allowing players to switch between humbucking and single-coil tones. This guitar excels in a wide range of musical styles.

Ibanez RG Series: The Ibanez RG Series guitars are known for their fast-playing necks and versatility in heavier genres such as rock, metal, and shred. They often feature humbuckers and can deliver powerful tones with excellent sustain.

Music Man Axis: The Music Man Axis model offers a blend of classic and modern tones. It features two humbuckers and a 5-way pickup selector switch, providing a variety of tonal options that suit different musical styles.

These are just a few examples, and there are many other electric guitar models available that offer versatility. Ultimately, it's important to try out different guitars and find one that feels comfortable to play and produces the tones you desire. Experimenting with different pickup configurations, amp settings, and effects can also greatly expand the versatility of any electric guitar.

? ? ? ? ?
- simone raine 05 Jun 2023 at 08:15 AM

votes

Most of your sound/tone is produced by the amp. If you dial your amp correctly most guitars can sound however you want .

answered 07 Sep 2019 at 06:14 PM

James sher (7)

votes

You like rock, metal and also jazz and Joe Bonamasa then I would advise you to look at a Les Paul style guitar within your budget.

edited 10 Dec 2021 at 07:33 AM

Neeraj Sharma

answered 10 Dec 2021 at 07:31 AM

Neeraj Sharma
Loading - please wait...