Code 100H power/cab options

vote

My question is concerning the Code 100H. When using an external cabinet, is it better to use the preset power/cab selections or to turn them off. Does this apply to the Marshall code cabinet and any other cabinet, or just to a different cabinet ie: 2x12 Morgan ? Thanks.

asked 03 Sep 2019 at 01:56 PM

oliver hoy (1)
Answers: 2

votes

If you use any others cabinets except designed specially for marshall CODE you must turn off built-in cab sim. Power section doesn't need to be turned off.

answered 04 Sep 2019 at 03:55 AM

Denis Moysienko (85)

votes

I tried to connect a 4 Ohm HiFi loudspeaker to my Marshall Code 25 to the external loudspeaker connection that was easily built in later. Without loudspeaker simulation, the HIFI Speaker sounds like a piezo loudspeaker from a cheap children toy. It sounds much  better with the Code speaker simulators. Well done Marshall! However, it sounds still too much like baby squawking and there is not enough pressure on it. In any case, it's not much fun. It really sounds good with my 4x12 Vintage30/Greenback Mixture Cabinet. Just as I expect when I compare it with my 1987x or JTM45 with THD Hot Plate attached. Well, you need good speakers. If the Marshall Code cabinet is good enough, I can't answer. But I'm sure HIFI speaker were not used by Marshall.

answered 21 Nov 2021 at 11:39 AM

Alex Thies (16)
Loading - please wait...