Code 100H with external pedal

votes

When using the Code 100H, can a Muff type pedal be used in front of the head with something other than Natural selected? In other words if I have JCM selected, pre-fx off, would the pedal work as good, or should I always use the Natural selection with pedals? Thank you.

asked 04 Sep 2019 at 12:37 PM

oliver hoy (1)
Answers: 1

vote

Sure.  The setting you have with the pre-fx off sounds good.  I use it with my MXR distortion and sounds great.  I have alos used it thru the effects loop on the rear but be sure your volumn is down on whatever you run thru the effects loops and then you can back into what volumn you want.  My current chain is tuner, wah pedal, tube screamer, MXR distortion, Boss Looper, noise gate then to front end of amp.  I run a 10 band MXR eq thru the effects loop and cleans up a lot when I hit it with my 7 and 8 strings.  Of course I am running thru the 4x12 cab with Emenince speakers so it sounds great.

answered 04 Sep 2019 at 05:55 PM

Steve R (15)
I seem to get a hiss when i use effects especially delay or reverb thru the front end of the amp.. not sure how to stop that.. - NICK DeNora 10 Jan 2023 at 07:23 PM
Nick I have my gate in the amp up high and it seems to block the hiss and noise on the front end of the amp. I have run some hot pickups, tonezones, black winters thru it with no issues. If you still have some hiss have you tried an external noise gate. The white little pedal in my photo is a cheap Rowin noise gate on Amazon that I use if needed. Some pedals do not like others in chains. Try to make sure you are not daisy chaining a power supply thru pedals. I think one spot has one that branches out and supplies power from one source. I had that thru another amp and got rid of it because of hiss. The separate power supplies helped. Also check to see if you are boosting too much gain, ya it can happen. Like if you have a tube screamer into a Ratt and then a fuzz you have to tweak settings to tame em. Me I like gain and play loud. When loud you cant hear the hiss. I do get some hiss thru my effects loop even with gates but playing some AC/DC or Megadeth fixes it. - Steve R 11 Jan 2023 at 03:05 AM
Loading - please wait...