Which Marshall should I get which this budget??

votes

I really want a Marshall amp; not because of the name on the front, but I know all of my favourite music was recorded with one. My favourite album of all, for example, was recorded with an old JCM2000 DSL100 (which is obviously not for sale anymore).

This led me to find the new DSL range, but I've heard bad things; particularly about the DSL40C which has lots of reports of fizziness. It also sounded pretty unpleasant to me on YouTube reviews.  exchange rates online

I'm told JCM800 is a quintessential of sorts, and I know many music I like which was recorded with one, but I don't want to spend that much money, and apparently it's very loud.

I've heard terrible things about SLX, and the I don't know if the MA/MGX ranges will achieve what I'm looking for.

So I just don't know what to get dude. My main sound is a high gain rocky sound which is really smooth rather than dirty and sounds really emotive... like from the song "The Kill" by Thirty Seconds to Mars.

My budget is about £600.

DSL

edited 18 Sep 2019 at 06:03 PM

jamun tary

asked 14 Sep 2019 at 07:02 AM

jamun tary
Answers: 1

votes

With a budget of £600 the DSL40C is a great option.  YouTube reviews can be very biased and sound reproduction not great. Plug one in and you'll know if it's for you. Other peoples opinions are irrelevant.

answered 17 Sep 2019 at 07:09 AM

James sher (6)
Loading - please wait...