Context3d not available!

votes

Fired up the Gateway app after upgrading my ipad to iPadOS 13.1.2 and I get a message "Context3d not available! Possible reasons: wrong renderMode or missing device support". Nothing happens after that. I have an ipad 6th generation.

asked 10 Oct 2019 at 11:24 PM

john pfersich
Answers: 5

votes

Hi John,

I have sent this to our app team for further details, we will get back to you as soon as possible on this issue.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 11 Oct 2019 at 11:38 AM

votes

Hi John,

They have advised to reinstall the app on the iPad, to see if this helps.

Marshall Support

answered 11 Oct 2019 at 12:11 PM

votes

I reinstalled the app, and then it brought up the app, butt it wouldn't connect to the amp. I then quit the app, and shut off Bluetooth and reenabled it, and i restarted Gateway, and it finally connected to the amp. So all is OK now. Thanks for the help.

answered 12 Oct 2019 at 12:27 AM

john pfersich

votes

I also have this issue, any news?

answered 06 May 2020 at 02:02 PM

Nick Shaw
Hi Nick,

You need to fully shut down the app, making sure it is not running in the background, then delete and reinstall the app.

Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 11 May 2020 at 08:45 AM
I have the same issue. Have shut it down in the background and deleted it several times but it just does the same thing.
- david morris 09 Oct 2020 at 10:20 PM
Same here... I did it several times...
Any help?
- daniel carbonieri 19 Jul 2021 at 05:42 PM

votes

my iphone and ipad are having the same issues deleting and re loading does not make any difference still comes up with the cotext 3d message , i am running ios 13.5 on both

answered 20 May 2020 at 06:09 PM

john jackman
Hi John,

You need to fully close down the app so it is not running in the background before deleting, then you can reinstall.

Regards
Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 21 May 2020 at 07:39 AM
- germain romuald 31 Jul 2020 at 12:34 PM
Same problem, on both IPAD and Iphone..........so how do you close down the app ensuring it is not running in the background ( and how do you check?)
- Paul Price 05 Aug 2020 at 05:42 PM
Hi Paul,

If you double click the home button on the device then swipe it up that will full close the app, then restart your device.

Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 06 Aug 2020 at 08:16 AM
If you don’t have a home button, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop about a quarter of the way up and lift your finger off the screen. This will bring up the task switcher Then swipe up to unload the Marshall app. And restart your device. - john pfersich 08 Aug 2020 at 08:42 AM
Loading - please wait...