Code 100 head and 4x12 cabinet

vote

Hi,

I recently buy a Code 100 head and 4x12 cabinet and I loving it!

But I do have one concern the hum,there is a humming noise coming from the speakers when not played or not plugged in?

When I put the power one the humming is there and when played humming isn´t noticeable.

asked 25 Oct 2019 at 04:24 AM

Teppo Salotuomi (1)
Hi, have the same Problem with my Code 100h.Connect it with a Marshall 4x12 Cab.Get a humming out the Speaker.The Volume is set to zero and no Gitar pluget in.
Before i have a Code 25 with NO humming at Volume Zero.Thats suck me because i play in my Home and can here the humming :-( Get it back to my Dealer.I think is a Problem from the power supply.
- Roman Binder 29 Dec 2019 at 11:31 PM
Answers: 1

votes

Hello Teppo,

It is quite normal to hear a slight hum when the unit is not being played, as it cannot be heard whilst playing then it is normal.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 25 Oct 2019 at 07:13 AM

Hi support, same Problem from above described. (see my comment) If you mean thats normal , then Marshall have Quality Problems.I tested the Code 100 by a local Dealer and his Code 100 have NO humming on some Cabs by set the Volume to zero.I tested my Code 100 in my home, have some tube and Modeling Devices and all have no humming when the Volume is OFF. i.e JVM 410H and a Kemper Profiler, ok that a other Price Range but i know i can buy a Code 100h without humming.My Code 25 have no Problems with buzzing/humming.Think is a quality problem from the power supply. - Roman Binder 29 Dec 2019 at 11:44 PM
My Code go back to the Dealer with a negative rating.It´s a shame we buy Marshall Devices like a Lottery. - Roman Binder 11 Jan 2020 at 01:46 AM
Loading - please wait...