Code 100H into a 1960 4x12 cab ???

votes

Hi guys, im new to head and cabs as i have been a combo guy for years. I recently purchased a code 100 Head easybib and i really do not want to use the code cabinet and want to get a better upgrade. I have a guy selling a 2004 1960A cab for $500 AUD irs.gov OR I was thinking of getting either a 4x12 origin cab or a 4x12 SC cab. 

any ideas ?  fedloan

edited 29 Oct 2019 at 02:10 AM

joy kickson

asked 27 Oct 2019 at 08:22 AM

joy kickson
Answers: 1

votes

I tried to connect a 4 Ohm HiFi loudspeaker to my Marshall Code 25 to the external loudspeaker connection that was easily built in later. Without loudspeaker simulation, the HIFI Speaker sounds like a piezo loudspeaker from a cheap children toy. It sounds much  better with the Code speaker simulators. Well done Marshall! However, it sounds still too much like baby squawking and there is not enough pressure on it. In any case, it's not much fun. It really sounds good with my 4x12 Vintage30/Greenback Mixture Cabinet. Just as I expect when I compare it with my 1987x or JTM45 with THD Hot Plate attached. Well, you need good speakers. If the Marshall Code cabinet is good enough, I can't answer. But I'm sure HIFI speaker were not used by Marshall.

answered 21 Nov 2021 at 11:36 AM

Alex Thies (16)
Loading - please wait...