Code 50 Lockup With No Sound When Saving Presets?

votes

This seems to be a common problem with the code 50 and even the code 25? When i had my code 50 it would lockup with no sound from the amp when i edited and then tried to save a preset,i would have to shut off and then reboot the amp for it to work again,this happened about 3 out of 5 times when i used the amp?Check out the user reviews on musicians friend for the code 50,three reviews mention the same problem that i had with my code 50.

Marshall should look into this problem and try to fix it with a firmware update or find some other way to fix this problem?If marshall can fix it i would most likely buy this amp again.

asked 09 Sep 2016 at 06:05 PM

John Bednarek (5)
I’m having the same issue, so frustrating. You spend all this time creating a preset just the way you want it, then once you save it goes quiet and stops working. I can’t find any fix on the internet, I’ve tried resetting it and everything. - Shane Hewlett 03 Mar 2021 at 03:39 PM
Hi Shane,

Can you please send your details to servicedesk@marshall.com , we will be able to help you.

Regards
Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 04 Mar 2021 at 08:50 AM
I will. I believe it is a problem with the app. I have now tried manually entering a preset directly on the amp and it had no problem saving. Also the tuner has stopped working, so hopefully that can be solved too - Shane Hewlett 05 Mar 2021 at 12:20 AM
Answers: 11

votes

Hey John,

Thank you for the message.

There is a update on its way to fix this, which is due to be out very soon.

Regards

Team Marshall

answered 12 Sep 2016 at 07:57 AM

vote

I have the same Problem with lockup and no sound .  when does the new firmware come ? 

in September you wrote that its coming soon, but  when i check for an update , there comes

that my amp has the newest firmware.    But the problem is still there . 

answered 31 Oct 2016 at 11:32 AM

Robert Herrmann (1)
We will make an announcement on the website and via social media once the update is ready for download. We apologise for the inconvinience and frustration caused. Once testing is complete we will be ready to release.

Team Marshall
- Marshall Amplification 31 Oct 2016 at 01:39 PM

vote

Having the same problems with saving presets recently bought it brand new. I had what i assumed was a new model was only 2 firm ware updates behind . Even updated it today its still freezing any solutions 

edited 20 Jul 2019 at 04:04 PM

hayden ralli (1)

answered 20 Jul 2019 at 04:03 PM

hayden ralli (1)
Hi Hayden,

I would suggest if you are still having issues after the update to contact your dealer, and they will have the amp looked at for you.

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 22 Jul 2019 at 06:58 AM

vote

Hello. I bougth 2 months ago  a Marshall Code 50 in Thomann. On the first day I started testing the amp and suddenly I realised that It had the same problem as people described here. Immediately I returned the amp to Thomann and I asked them for another one that worked correctly. A month later I recieved a new one (it has a different factory code), and It has the same problem, exactly the same. I tried to reinstall the last firmware update, I did also a factory reset, but nothing, it has still the same problem.  What am I supposed to do? Return again the amp until I am lucky to recieve one that works correctly? Are you sure that this problem is not  a fabric failure made by your teamwork (note the irony)? Please, before you launch a product to the market make sure it works correctly. This is a problem reported in 2016, we are in 2020, and with this pandemy it's still more difficult to be  returning products to the dealers every time It presents a problem which should not be. Please, as a client who has paid his product and has tried to resolve the problem in many ways with no solution, I ask you to give us a solution.

answered 04 Jan 2021 at 06:41 PM

Andros Solakis (2)
Hi Andros,

Thank you for your comments, this is not something we have seen when testing and are not able to recreate this issue, since the firmware update went out, we will get our team to look into this again, and hopefully we get to the bottom of the issue you are having, could you please send over a video of this happening to servicedesk@marshall.com , and we can pass it to the team.

Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 05 Jan 2021 at 08:57 AM
Hi, I have just sent an email with the video showing the problem. I hope you will find a solution. Thank you. - Andros Solakis 08 Jan 2021 at 06:39 PM

vote

Sorry, we are in 2021 already, not 2020.

answered 04 Jan 2021 at 06:43 PM

Andros Solakis (2)

vote

Same here

answered 15 Jan 2021 at 04:57 PM

Olivier Allouch (1)

vote

Same problem with frozen Code 50 after I save presets! You are not able to correct issue and publish new firmware during 5 years!

answered 21 Feb 2021 at 01:35 PM

M Z (1)

votes

Same problem 

answered 18 Mar 2021 at 01:56 AM

jeffery pritchett
Hi Jeffery,

Please contact servicedesk@marshall.com will all your details and we someone will contact you.

Regards

Marshall support
- Lee Tomlin 18 Mar 2021 at 08:45 AM
i cant get in contact with anyone from servicedesk@marshall.com - jeffery pritchett 15 Apr 2021 at 01:41 AM

votes

New CODE25, latest firmware and still the same issue.

I contacted the email sent to others, hopefully they have a solution.

answered 19 Apr 2021 at 01:08 PM

Will Krause

votes

The comment deleted. 

edited 12 Jun 2021 at 02:19 AM

The Persica (2)

answered 11 Jun 2021 at 10:06 PM

The Persica (2)

votes

A new update from 29th October 2021 fixes the problem !! Enjoy !

Go to /support/firmwareupdate

answered 18 Nov 2021 at 09:16 PM

Yann VIVIES
Loading - please wait...