Origin 20 Head

vote

The manual that came with the head says use output 3 when using a single 8 ohm cab. 

The online manual on the Marshall website says to  use output 2 when using a single 8 ohm cab.

I  have plugged a single cab into these both  at different times and output 2 seems to have more volume and treble than output 3

I am slightly confused and annoyed as shouldn’t  either 8 ohm output sound the same irregardless of which one I plug my single 8 ohm cab into?

I would appreciate some clarification so that I can use the correct 8 ohm output for my speaker cab!

Update to my original post as I  have an additional question related to rear speaker outputs.

The third output speaker socket and the revised manual show this as output for 2x16 ohm. (Mine has the modified sticker attached)

Does this mean:

a: that you can plug two 16 ohms speaker cabs which have been set up in parallel into output socket 3 and the power amp sees a total of 8 ohms? .

b: output socket 3 already internally wired in parallel with socket 2 and such you plug one 16 ohm cab into socket 3 and one 16 ohm cab into socket 2, for a total of 8 ohm impedance?

c: Not sure what else could be possible?

Could you please confirm which is the correct approach? Thanks, Ross

edited 01 Jun 2020 at 03:44 AM

Ross Ferro (1)

asked 13 Nov 2019 at 11:11 AM

Ross Ferro (1)
Answers: 2

vote

Hello Ross,

There was update on the Origin speaker sockets they should read on the back 1x16, 1x8 and 2x16, if yours doesn`t state this it can be updated, we would recomend that you take it back to the dealer so this can be carried out.

Kind Regards

Marshall Support

answered 18 Nov 2019 at 11:35 AM

Thanks for the update and following your advice this would mean speaker socket 2 "the middle one" is for a single 8 ohm speaker. This also is confirmed by your online manual on the Marshall Website. Cheers, Ross - Ross Ferro 19 Nov 2019 at 04:10 AM
Yes that`s correct - Lee Tomlin 19 Nov 2019 at 08:46 AM
Excellent thanks for clearing this up! - Ross Ferro 19 Nov 2019 at 10:39 PM
Hello, An additional question related to rear speaker outputs. The third output speaker socket states 2x16 ohm. (Mine has the modified sticker attached)Does this mean a: that you can plug two 16 ohms speaker cabs which have been set up in parallel into just this output socket and the power amp sees the output as 8 ohms? . b: this socket is already wired in parallel internally with socket 2 and such you plug one ohm cab into socket 3 and one into socket 2, for a total of 8 ohm impedance? Could you please confirm what is the correct approach? Thanks, Ross - Ross Ferro 01 Jun 2020 at 03:58 AM
How you have described it is correct.

Kind Regards
Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 04 Jun 2020 at 10:50 AM

votes

Hallo,

since I still note (today May 3rd 2020) this discrepancy in the description of may famous dealers (Thomann, Strumentimusicali.net, etc...) and I would like to purchase an Origin 50H, what probability I have to receive an head with the wrong label 16 Ohm - 8 Ohm - 8 Ohm, istead of the correct 16 Ohm - 8 Ohm - 2x16 Ohm ? 

thanks

answered 03 May 2020 at 04:21 PM

Roberto ACErob71
Loading - please wait...