Why can't I use a CODE 100H without the cab?

votes

Hi, can anyone explains to me WHY we can't use a CODE 100H without the cabinet? For VALVE amps there is a good reason for which you need the cabinet always connected but for solid state amps it seems very strange.

Is it maybe an error in the manual? Maybe it's a phrase that has been written for all the Marshall valve heads and it was mistakenly added to the CODE as well?

Please let me know, I have an application where I only need the 100H coming up soon.

Thanks!

asked 23 Dec 2019 at 11:53 PM

Lele X (14)
Answers: 3

votes

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now. tubemate authorityapk.com get-mobdro.com

edited 11 Mar 2020 at 06:48 AM

john smith

answered 24 Dec 2019 at 12:01 PM

john smith

votes

Hi Both,

We recommend the Code 100w Head is connected at all time, the manual is correct.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 02 Jan 2020 at 08:19 AM

votes

The CODE 100H is a high-powered amplifier head, typically rated at 100 watts or more. The power generated by the amplifier needs to be sent to a speaker cabinet capable of handling that power. Without a speaker cabinet, the amplifier would have no load to dissipate its power into, which could potentially damage the amplifier.  

edited 17 Nov 2023 at 08:01 AM

tracy berge

answered 17 Nov 2023 at 07:59 AM

tracy berge
Loading - please wait...