Does Marshall have any plans to make the CODE EDITOR for Mac as well?

vote

Hi! As the tile says, does Marshall have any plans to make the CODE EDITOR for Mac as well?

edited 24 Dec 2019 at 02:51 AM

Omar Calero (3)

asked 24 Dec 2019 at 02:50 AM

Omar Calero (3)
Answers: 4

votes

Hey! Well, I don't use Windows too much, I haven't installed it, I'm more interested in the Mac version.

Thank you for your insights, I agree, the Marshall Gateway (mobile app) is ok, but a desktop version can be wide better, I think I can try to develop my own then.

Thanks!

answered 25 Dec 2019 at 08:21 PM

Omar Calero (3)
No problem, you may want to send an email to the devs of the program and ask them if they have any plans to port it to Mac. Good luck! - Daniel Everhart 26 Dec 2019 at 05:16 AM

vote

Hey Omar, if you read the documentation when you install the CODE Editor, it says it is NOT officially supported by Marshall, it is fully open source software - although I just tried it and I really wish Marshall would make a program like this, it's a lot more intuitive than the application you install on your phone, unless you have a tablet or larger device, or prefer the official app. I can see this being super useful for when you're at home and working with custom patches, or maybe refining a certain sound you'd want and you want a bit more control than what the phone app gives you.

answered 25 Dec 2019 at 08:05 PM

Daniel Everhart (1)

votes

Why did you add "as well" at the end of your question? As far as I know Marshall doesn't make ANY editor for any PC system...

answered 25 Dec 2019 at 09:43 AM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)
It's because of this one https://marshallcode.tools/pc-editor/ - Omar Calero 25 Dec 2019 at 05:41 PM

votes

Hi,
just to practice I program my own application to control CODE 25.

It works as I need. Connection via bluetooth usb dongle.

Importing CodeEditor files and downloading finished presets from the Internet.

It's programmed in python so porting to macos and windows won't be a problem.

Sometimes :)

testing version for linux64 is here

here

answered 03 Jan 2020 at 11:40 AM

matthew black
So cool! Yeah you can try porting it to macOS. I could help with beta testing. - Omar Calero 03 Jan 2020 at 06:39 PM
Loading - please wait...