Preset list in Bluetooth vs out

votes

I recently purchased a CODE 25 and love it. In the Gateway app I see a different list of presets when connected via Bluetooth versus not. Any suggestions of how to correct? 

When not connected I can see presets like Purple Plexi and Sweet Jubilee. Would like to check them out.

Thank you.

asked 13 Jan 2020 at 12:54 PM

Joe Niszczak
Answers: 2

votes

Hey Joe, I just bought a Code 50 and struggled with understanding this too. Basically, your amp can store 100 presets, and your phone can store 100 presets (separately!). When you connect to your amp over bluetooth, you'll see a little phone/amp toggler in the bottom left corner of the app. If your phone is displaying a blue background behind the preset name, you're editing the preset on your phone. If it's yellow, you're editing the preset on the amp. When you 'save' a preset on your phone, you get prompted to save to a phone slot or an amp slot.

One additional thing - you don't have to save a preset to your amp to use it. If you are connected on your phone, you can choose a preset that lives entirely on your phone and it'll set up on your amp. Just be aware you can't use that preset if you disconnect your phone.

EDIT: Should have left this as an answer instead of a comment, but now it's too late to delete the comment! Sorry for the double response.

edited 14 Jan 2020 at 03:36 AM

Tarun C (3)

answered 13 Jan 2020 at 08:35 PM

Tarun C (3)
hey tarun I have same problem when I originally turned on amp preset00 was called jtm chill but when I look at my presets on this site or gateway app its now called EL34 heaven and is a completley diff preset where did my original go? I don't recall editing I don't know how? - Terry Lowe 17 Oct 2020 at 08:17 PM

votes

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Just finished playing and your explanation cleared up the issue for me. Was able to toggle and now I have many more sounds to try out.

answered 14 Jan 2020 at 01:18 AM

Joe Niszczak
One last question: if you change the preset number to move it to the top of the list will it delete another preset? - Joe Niszczak 14 Jan 2020 at 07:00 PM
I'm fairly certain it'll overwrite the preset in that spot. What you can do is connect your phone to your account here, then under 'Presets'->'My Gateway' move any preset you want to save into the 'My Library' section. That'll let you store them so you can restore them if you need them. - Tarun C 14 Jan 2020 at 07:12 PM
Loading - please wait...