New Code 50 very noisy

votes

I get a new Code 50 this weekend and I'm very exited. Nevertheless, I have seen some posts regarding the Master Volume sensitivity  and I agree this is not nice. But there is a second issue with the Master Volume which concerns me more and I'm not sure if this "works as designed" or if this amp is simply defective:

When I turn the master poti I hear a kind of scratching noises. Additionally, the system/amp noise gets very loud the more I turn it up. I also noticed through headphones that there is only noise in one ear.

FW version is 1.11 and I know that I can upgrade but to newest version 1.4x - but I doubt this is an FW issue. 

Is this normal? Otherwise I will go for an exchange...

PS: This seems a possible explanation to me - see https://my.marshall.com/forum/question/2544/master-volume-marshall-code-50?filterType=recent

edited 13 Jan 2020 at 10:56 PM

Stephan Jünemann

asked 13 Jan 2020 at 10:43 PM

Stephan Jünemann
Answers: 1

votes

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your comments 1.11 is a very early firmware, we would always recommend the update, you should not hear scatching noises, the master volume is made like this and you would need to adjust the preset volumes to help with this.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 15 Jan 2020 at 10:18 AM

The amp was defective (DOA). After exchange the new CODE50 is clean, no scratching poti, no noise.

Regards
Stephan
- Stephan Jünemann 26 Jan 2020 at 05:35 PM
Loading - please wait...