My gateway ios app crashing

votes

My gateway app starting crashing today on start up. I launch the APP and a few seconds after opening, it just closes on it's on. help!

asked 27 Feb 2020 at 02:47 AM

Joe Peck
Answers: 3

votes

Hi Joe,

This could be due to recent IOS updates, have you tried shutting down the app and reinstalling the app.

Regards

Marshall Support

answered 27 Feb 2020 at 08:48 AM

Yes, I deleted the app and reinstalled and now when it launches it ask to use bluetooth and I select OK and then the app displays a black screen with a red stripe with the message, "Context3D not available! Possible reasons: wrong render mode or missing device support". I am using a iphone 6S running iSO 13.3.1. I never had any problems with the app and I've been using it on this iphone for almost a year with no issues until yesterday. - Joe Peck 28 Feb 2020 at 03:06 AM
Hi Joe,

Can you confirm you have shut the app down before uninstalling, by double clicking the home button, the app needs to shut down and not running in the background.

Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 28 Feb 2020 at 10:26 AM
Yes, I shut down the app and then uninstalled but after reinstalling I have the same issue. - Joe Peck 02 Mar 2020 at 03:25 PM

votes

Since my iphone wasn't working with the Marshall Gateway app, I installed the app on my ipdad and everything worked fine for about a week and then today the same thing happen to the ipad app.  I get the message in a red stripe, "Context3D not available! Possible reasons: wrong render mode or missing device support".

Since this has happen to multiple devices I think marshall needs to update your software. 

answered 07 Mar 2020 at 03:05 AM

Joe Peck
Hi Joe,

You need to fully close the app, by double clicking the home button, then reinstall the app.

Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 09 Mar 2020 at 08:41 AM

votes

Thanks for the info.  In both devices, my iphone and my ipad, I fully closed the app by double clicking the home button and I even closed all open apps and restarted my iphone and ipad but I still get the same error message in a red stripe, "Context3D not available! Possible reasons; wrong or missing device support".  Now I have two devices that cannot connect to my Marshall Code.  

answered 09 Mar 2020 at 10:04 PM

Joe Peck
Hi Joe,

Please try this process

1. Install Gateway
2. Open Gateway
3. Get error
4. Close the active app (either push-up or double-tap home and flick Gateway up to close)
5. Open Gateway
6. Functions normally

Regards

Marshall Support
- Lee Tomlin 10 Mar 2020 at 10:03 AM
Loading - please wait...