tube screamer



Can any one suggest what preset and adjustments to get a Tube Screamer sound from my code 50

Thanks in advance

asked 04 Mar 2020 at 11:55 AM

martin jones
Answers: 1


Hi Martin,

I know it sounds obvious but get a tubescreamer type pedal, none of the built in overdrive/distortion emulations are really in that ball park (do play with the governor effect though, it's really creamy sounding).

there are lots of tubescreamer type pedals about and although they can be expensive (£300+ for a hand wired job) they don't have to be I use a tc electronic "cinders" overdrive, its a nice copy of original tubescreamer and can be picked up really cheaply. It does look quite ugly though.

hope this helps


answered 04 Mar 2020 at 02:07 PM

Alistair James
Loading - please wait...